• Aegmorgil
    • Nov 2005

yep...snuggly little devil isn't he?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
      Which one should I get? I normally just look on the shelf... will let you know what they have when I go
      yeah tell me what you have to choose from, and i'll suggest to you a good one for the appropriate day....

Originally Posted by aegmorgil
      yep...snuggly little devil isn't he?
      yes, perfect for valentines
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Wonder what would happen if you kept nothing but new released in your queue? It seems like whenever my older movies run out and there are nothing but new releases stating "long wait" etc. there always seems to be a copy ready to send.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• TerryVi
          • Feb 2006

It's called throttling and as everyone probably knows, this is how they restrict high volume users. The more you rent the slower they get.

Comment

• cybergasm
            • Apr 2006

In response to your 2DVD-in-one-envelope trick. I think I may know why that is beyond simple conspiracy theory. The way I understand, and have been able to discern, netflix works like this;

Their main base is in San Jose. From there they ship movies to you local base, from where your movies come. Your base recieves the movies you return, then ships them back to the mainland, from where they send back your next movies. It could be possible that the mailing gets messed up from your base to the main one. It could also be possible that everything I said is wrong

Comment

• codajohn
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Jul 2005

I've got to tell you, I tried Blockbuster's on-line rentals for about 6 months. I didn't like their music selections more then their throttling problems (I didn't like that either).
              I canceled Blockbuster about a month ago to give Netflix a try. I signed up for an on-line Netflix trial account two weeks ago. They didn't even wait until the trail period was over to begin throttling. However, I do like their music selections. I guess I will have to put up with the whole thing in order to have a better music selection.
              Netflix and Blockbuster will never come clean about the intentional throttling unless someone finds internal corporate documents admitting to this situation.

Anyone out there that wants to blow a whistle, we're all listening!
              CJ
              Last edited by codajohn; 9 Apr 2006, 01:25 AM.
              CJ
              My DVD Collection
              Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• utengineer04
                I know a little something
                • Dec 2005

I have all the Columbo's recorded on VHS, when they showed them on A&E, not sure if they still do. Columbo does rule out of all the other detective shows. Someone asked me to start watching Quincy, I just laughed, not even in the same league.

Comment

• SMEG
                  • Mar 2006

I subscribe to tesco online dvd rental service i have the cheapest deal of one dvd at once i have been with them for about five months now and have found them to be reasonably good on average i get either two or three per week most weeks three the service has as not yet slowed down only downside is you dont get the new releases fast enough but the service is pretty good for older films

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by utengineer04
                    I have all the Columbo's recorded on VHS, when they showed them on A&E, not sure if they still do. Columbo does rule out of all the other detective shows. Someone asked me to start watching Quincy, I just laughed, not even in the same league.
                    not the same league--no doubt about it, but i really liked quincy. sunday morning mysteries: banacek, McMillan and wife, macleod. all not bad IMO.
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

Dang, those DVDs were due. However, we are going to Florida next week, I can check some more out and watch them on the 2-day drive (I will probably go on Tuesday).
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                      My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

don't worry drf, you should only do so if you want to, anything other than that just isn't right. bloody warped if you ask me, but not right good time to go and beat hurricane season
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• IndianPrincess
                          Wild~N~Crazy
                          • Dec 2005

I have netflix as well. I started out with one at a time and then upgraded to three at a time. I would send them out on Monday and get another one by wed or thurs at the latest. I put the last three dvds in the mail last Wed or Thurs and just got the e-mail today that I would have three more tomorrow. It seems though that I will only get one or two. I don't think they send them out when they do, and when they get them they don't log them back in, until after the weekend. I am now only getting about three a week. But they have a bunch of old movies that I can't get at the video store.
                          IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
                          sigpic

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                            NOT an online superstore
                            • Oct 2005

I got a couple more I will take on my trip to Florida tomorrow.

My family is going down to FL for a week or so, so if the hotel has Internet I can come here, but I can't troubleshoot stuff.
                            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                            My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

if you come here while on vacation in florida drf, you ain't havin a good time
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• always
                                • Feb 2006

Hey guys i just got back from FL. had a great time missed the site.
                                DRF hope you have a safe trip there and back.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎