X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimhk
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Convert DVD to PSP, iPod, MP4, AVI, MP3 using one program

@ How to convert DVD to iPod, PSP, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MP3, WMA, AAC, MOV, ASF, WMV, etc. for Windows?
    @ How to transfer iPod video files to your iPod for Windows?
    @ How to transfer PSP video files to your iPod for Windows?

--
    This guide shows how to convert DVD to iPod, PSP, MP4, AVI, MPEG, MP3, WMA, AAC, etc. using ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum. It is an all-in-one DVD ripping software which can convert DVD to all popular video and audio files, including DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF, MOV, RM, iPod, PSP, MP4, AVI, MPEG, MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A.

1. Download the new SPAM REPLACED and install to your computer.

2. Load your DVD movie from targeted drive by clicking on the 'Add DVD Folder...' option of the 'File' menu or the 'DVD' button of the main interface.

All files from DVD disc are uploaded as the following picture:

Tips:
    a. The button allows us to edit listed titles/chapters like renaming, removing, checking, etc, which is the same as the 'Edit' menu.
    b. By clicking on the button, let the software show or hide Chapters.
    c. Two main modes to rip DVD
    One is title mode (ripping the whole DVD to one file), the other is chapter mode. After loading the DVD to the dvd ripper software, you can click the quadrate button which
    is between the red button and the "Title" button. This button helps you switch the display between titles and chapters. If you rip in chapter mode, you will get a file for
    every chapter. When the list box displays the titles not chapters you can convert the whole DVD into one file.
    d. The button is to start ripping.

3. Now we may select the output format from the 'Profile:' drop list box. The DVD Ripper Platinum is the most powerful DVD Ripping tool I had ever seen. It can convert DVD to all popular video and audio formats, such as convert DVD to iPod, DVD to PSP, DVD to AVI, DVD to MPEG, DVD to DivX, DVD to 3GP, DVD to MP4, DVD to WMV, DVD to MP3, DVD to WMA.
    To show its strong functionality, here I select different output format for each chapter such as MP3, iPod video, PSP video, AAC, MPEG, MOV, Mobile video/audio, etc.

4. (Optional) The settings of output format are adjustable, which may be found on the right string. Ripping clip, video size, Bit Rate, Frame Rate, and Sample Rate may be all set according to special needs.

5. In 'Zoom' section, there are four options. 'Letterbox', 'medium', and 'pan scan' will convert 16:9 format to 4:3 format. The Full option does not correct the aspect ratio. If you have a 4:3 DVD, use the Full option.

6. In the 'Split' drop list box, we may select the size of the volumes that we would like to generate.

7. Click on the 'Browse' button to select the output folder or directly enter the output folder.
    ALL settings have been completed, clicking on the button to start ripping.

>>>
    How to transfer iPod video to your iPod

Set 'iPod 30G' or 'iPod 60G' as output format: Before ripping DVD to iPod MP4 video format, please make sure the 'Profile' is 'iPod(30G)' or 'iPod(60G).
    Playback the iPod video files: After converting video files to MP4, find the .mp4 file and drag it into your iTunes library, or select 'Add File to Library' from the 'File' menu and select the encoded movies. You can watch it with iTunes (Free) or Quicktime Player (Free) on your PC.
    Sync to iPod: Click 'File -> Update iPod'.
    Tip: You can download iTunes + Quicktime Player package from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

>>>

How to transfer PSP video to your PSP

Playback the PSP video files: The PSP video files converted can be played with Quicktime Player (freeware).
    Transfer to your PSP: Connect PSP to your computer using a USB cable. In your PSP, press "USB Connectivity" menu. If you use a memory card reader to transfer the video file, please connect your memory card reader to the computer.

In your PSP, Create a folder called "MP_ROOT" and inside that folder create another folder named "100MNV01".
    In DVD Ripper Platinum, click "Tools -> PSP Video Manager " menu. You will see an explorer window that lists MP4 (video) files and THM (video thumbnail) files on your PC. You can transfer files by moving them to "\MP_ROOT\100MNV01".
    Last edited by blutach; 11 Apr 2006, 12:20 PM.
  • icreate200
    Banned
    • Feb 2006

Good guide. Really helpful.
    If I want to convert DVD to Divx, do I need to download divx codec?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Yes, unless you have it already.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• marcmoon
        • May 2005

IS THIS THE ONLY SOFTWARE THAT COVERS BOTH IPOD AND PSP. IF THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE which is the best buy overall?
        moon

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Not sure, I know DVD X Copy can convert to PSP however.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Jimhk
            Banned
            • Jul 2005

To icreate200, without downloading divx codec, you can rip dvd to divx directly with it.

To marcmoon, I think it is the only one program which can rip DVD to PSP, iPod, etc. Mabye it is the best tool you are looking for.

Comment

• jawm
              • Jun 2005

I've used the program and have been trying to get it to work properly. The playback on the ipod keeps stopping and restarting with no sound. IMTOO have emailed me with a possible solution but it still does not work.
              I'm now trying the trial version of Cucusoft DVD to iPod.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

It asks for a registration or it only does 5 mins... it's fine because I was just doing a 1min TV theme, but for movies it will only do 5 mins.
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Jimhk
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

If you want to convert video files to iPod for Mac, have a look at:

Comment

• Bacheegs
                    • Feb 2006

I did everything you said, but when I try to play it on the ipod it runs slow and there is no sound? What is wrong?

Comment

• a2j3
                      If it aint broke, don't fix it
                      • Feb 2006

Hello Jimhk

http://www.effectmatrix.com/download.htm Go here and download total video converter 2.52. It will convert psp and ipod as well as mpeg4, avi and mp3. Hope this helps.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bacheegs
                        • Feb 2006

Thanks.

Comment

• a2j3
                          If it aint broke, don't fix it
                          • Feb 2006

Hello Bacheegs

You r most welcome.
                          sigpic

Comment

• DVDRipperMan
                            • Mar 2006

I just downloaded a trial of imtoo. But upon my first rip I encountered that the quality of the rip was not good and the movie skipped constantly.

Comment

• KeizerSoze
                              • Dec 2004

i've used the imtoo products before. if i'm not mistaken, imtoo is the same as xilisoft. anyhow, they're not that good. i take that back, the only program i actually found to be somewhat decent is their audio converters. they seem to be quick and do the job well.

as for the video programs, they blow. the video and audio never seem to sync up and they work the hell out of your CPU. actually, this seems to be a problem with a lot of the programs out there.

so far, i've found only one that never seems to disappoint:

Total Video Converter is a powerful Video Converter and DVD Burner which converts any video files to avi, 3gp, mp4, DVD & more. It also can burn video to DVD. Visit us for details!

try them both yourself. you be the judge.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎