X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cprig
    • Feb 2007

Which Nero

JMET, guys
    Pls assist: I have been using NERO v5.5 since years for my CD backups. Now I see that NERO is also good for DVD to DVD copy only [after shrinkage]. Which is the STABLE version of NERO that I should upgrade to? Is it freeware?
    Thanks
    cprig

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Nero551056.exe is the last update available for that version

to upgrade you have to skip the 6 and got to 7

buggy and bloated and not freeware

Comment

• MEDEL514
        • Apr 2007

I'm trying to burn movies the I shrank down in size with Nero Recode so I can put 2 movies onto one disc. Each movie is about 2100mb in size. When trying to burn the two movies useing Nero Vision Express 3, I get a 'Burn Process Failed' before it even starts burning, this is happening during the analyzing phase. If I burn the movies with no chapters they'll burn fine. Once I try to add chapters in them, the burn process fails again. I don't know where to begin, I've searched a bunch of different places, but apparently I'm not the only one that has this problem with Nero.

I've defrag'd the HD, ran Disc clean up to unload the temp files, checked the IDE settings, ran the Nero General clean tool, and reinstalled Nero v6.6.0.13 with no improvement. I ran clean tool again and installed Nero v6.6.0.18, but I'm still getting the same results. I cannot get Nero to burn my movies anymore, and it was just working for me the other day. I can still burn regular movie clips from my Camcorder in Vision Express 3 with chapters, but I cannot burn Recode'd movies unless I take out all of the chapters.

Someone please help me out! Chewy???

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

I don't think you can add chapters to something that already has them?

Comment

• MEDEL514
            • Apr 2007

When I recode the movies down to 2100mb, I open Vision Express 3 and go to 'Make a movie' which it then loads all 3 .vob files (2100mb worth) as a single movie with no chapters. At this point I add chapter marks (usually around 16 chapters). Then when I go to burn, Vision Express 3 will fail during the 'Creating menus and transcoating streams' phase of the burn process which is before the actual burning

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

showtime will verify the 2100MB movies do have chapters

Comment

• MEDEL514
                • Apr 2007

I opened the recoded (2100mb) movies with Showtime, and there are no chapters in there either. That's why I've been using Vision Express 3 to build the menu and add in the chapters for the two movies I put on a single disk, but now for some reason VE3 will not let me burn a DVD unless I remove all of the chapters.

Would you like me to post my log file? Also, I noticed today when I was in the screen to create the chapters, if I clicked on the chapter marker, the picture that would come up on the preview screen was different than the chapter thumbnail to the right in the chapter index columb. I think my VE3 has a glitch when trying to mark in chapters, and that's whats been causeing my headache. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program so many times now, I'm almost ready to give up and reformat my HD.

Comment

• MEDEL514
                  • Apr 2007

Here's the latest Log file attached to this post.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• snagel
                    • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by jmet
                    Several users have stated they started to encounter burn errors in DVD Shrink when "Burn with Nero" was enabled after updating to version 6.6.1.4. I highly recommend if you are going to use Nero to burn, you use version 6.6.0.18 .

If you upgraded to version 6.6.1.4 and now you cannot burn because you get the "Error:\nCannot connect TRF" error message, you need to run the clean tool by Nero before you downgrade back to 6.6.0.18. You can get the clean tool here.

To download this version, you must have a serial key to input !

Download Nero version 6.6.0.18 here: Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Edit: Nero 7 does work with DVD Shrink from what I have been told.

Edit: This is the error code that you will get:

Code:
                    Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

I have noticed that some of the downloads for 6.6.0.18 are listed as 6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe and some are only 6.6.0.18.exe What is the difference between the two if any? I have noticed that there is a change in the files size.
                    Thank you for your help
                    snagel
                    Last edited by snagel; 31 Jul 2007, 05:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

no_yt means no yahoo tool bar

Current version: 6.6.1.15c
                      Release date: July 25th, 2007
                      Nero StartSmart 2
                      Nero Express 6
                      Nero BackItUp
                      Nero SoundTrax
                      Nero Image Drive
                      Nero Burning ROM 6
                      Nero Cover Designer
                      Nero Wave Editor
                      Nero Toolkit
                      Ask Toolbar
                      The Weather Channel Desktop

Comment

• snagel
                        • Apr 2006

Thanks Chewy

Comment

• Jensen
                          Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
                          • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
                          this is an update for nero burning rom version 6.xxxxxxxx

it also will update the nero express that come with many dvd burners

if it asks for a serial number you don't qualify

after several upgrades or enough time expect nero to get corrupt, or when
                          downgrading from buggy higher versions like 6.6.1.4, you might need to run the clean tool. If you have an original oem cd(express) just install then apply the upgrade.
                          If I have a oem of nero 6 express, will this upgrade work for me, or do I still have to buy something?

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

the oem is a crippled bare bones nero, but all the update packages in the same generation(eg 6 or 7) will work, they just won't enable the deluxe features

btw if your oem came with nero vision express, that will make a menu for conversions

Comment

• pyrobrave
                              • Jan 2009

I have the Nero DVD burner and I downloaded the plug in and tried to enter the serial number for it and it wouldn't light up the install button.

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

many plugins are just for the deluxe full versions, they are also specific to nero 6, 7 and 8

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎