Spliting a Mpeg or converting mpeg 2 divx

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Melocco

Spliting a Mpeg or converting mpeg 2 divx

I have some one that gave me a movie, great quality, but it is a gig large. I have made DivX from DVD's using VirtualDub, but I can't seem to compress or cut the mpeg video and leave the quality as it should be... I just need to compress it or beable to slip it in half.. If any one could help I would be great full...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To split the MPEG file, use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Cut&Merge

Under the "File" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file)

Comment

• Melocco

Thanks... I'll try that now... I owe you one... If you would like any movies, Just let me know... 270+ and counting... Thanks again.... Mel.........

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

P.S. - Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to do my own conversions...

Comment

• Melocco

Well the offer still stands.. The magority of my movies I have are Divx Rips. These are the fisrt I have had that some one gave me that are Mpeg's.. Anyway, Thanks again... Mel.......

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Yet again, SETARIP saves the day!!!

Techno

Comment

Working...