Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • costanza
    • Jan 2006

DVD burning software

I've always used Nero to burn. I've seen people here saying negative things about it and recommending burning via DVDDecryptor or Imgburn. I'm just curious if there is any substance to this? I mean, has anyone done some sort of comparison tests and found that one of these peograms actually makes a better burnt DVD than the other?

thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I compared nero 6.6.. and ImgBurn, no difference in quality or time.
    Nero takes more ram, a lot more! For marginal setups ImgBurn defintely
    is better, for iso's of dvd's.

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by costanza
      I've always used Nero to burn. I've seen people here saying negative things about it and recommending burning via DVDDecryptor or Imgburn. I'm just curious if there is any substance to this? I mean, has anyone done some sort of comparison tests and found that one of these peograms actually makes a better burnt DVD than the other?

thanks
      Dont worry, I saw many feedbacks about Roxio being a ****y software for DVD burning but my 100+ odd burns using Roxio prove otherwise, no problem, not even once.

Comment

• costanza
        • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
        I compared nero 6.6.. and ImgBurn, no difference in quality or time.
        Nero takes more ram, a lot more! For marginal setups ImgBurn defintely
        is better, for iso's of dvd's.
        I have between 700-800 RAM.

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

It is really a personal choice, if it aint broke don't fix it...

Like techreactor stated, Roxio works fine on his system...if Nero works well for you then use it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• costanza
            • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by locoeng
            It is really a personal choice, if it aint broke don't fix it...

Like techreactor stated, Roxio works fine on his system...if Nero works well for you then use it.
            I just thought there was a reason someone here would call Nero, "Zero"

I thought maybe some other program actually burned "better". Thanks

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

Why pay for something that is 30Mb, requires constant updating to fix its bugs, is as finicky as hell and then has the gall to make you pay for new releases that do nothing new when you can get ImgBurn for free?

Ner0 ====== Zer0

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

ImgBurn is worth a donation, if for no other reason to reward all the previous
                work done on a program that had to be abandoned.

Comment

• costanza
                  • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by blutach
                  Why pay for something that is 30Mb, requires constant updating to fix its bugs, is as finicky as hell and then has the gall to make you pay for new releases that do nothing new when you can get ImgBurn for free?

Ner0 ====== Zer0

Regards
                  I got an OEM Nero CD-ROM with a Toshiba DVD burner I bought, which after rebate cost me $0 total. I updated it the other day from a link on this site, and it didn't cost me anything. So I've paid ZERO for NERO!
                  Please explain what bugs you are referring to. And how is it "finicky"? I don't "think" I have had any issues with Nero, but I'd like to know exactly how ImgBurn makes better burns. Do you get better scans from ImgBurn vs. Nero?

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

even the author of imgburn says the software doesn't determine the quality of the burn
                    the burner, it's firmware, the media and the speed of the burn determine the quality
                    but not everyone gets nero with their drives

Comment

Working...