No "Throttling" for Blockbusters Customers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aksmith
    • May 2004

I got badly throttled by Netflix on new releases. You got messed with by BB. I guess it's luck of the draw. I will say that some disks at the top of my list have been there a long time. I would get them from the store if they were there, but I guess they don't have a lot of copies of them. And I've only gotten a couple of disks that were unplayable. That used to be more common in the store. Half the older movies in the store looked like someone coated them in peanut butter. But they seem to be cleaning that problem up a bit.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2005

BR7,
      Sorry to hear of your bad experiences.
      I dont think i ever got a movie from BB that i cant view.
      The backs of the mail ins are usually dirty, so i always clean them with rubbing alcohol before playing them.
      I am more than satisfied with service, but can understand your feeling.
      I cant help but wonder if service varies depending on your location.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

@BR7 - I hear ya! If it was too much of a hassle your better to dump it and get rid of the aggravation.

I had The Hustler at the top of my queue for about a month and finally called about it, it was shipped with in 2 days. They said it was ouuta my 2 day window. I said it shouldn't be marked as available, but ship it anyway. They did.

I'm trucking along OK still, having the occasional hiccup when returning DVDs to a store don't trigger shipment from online. I call and get 1-4 ecoupons and maybe a 1-2 weeks free.

So unless it gets too bad, like it sounds it did to you, I'm hanging in there.

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Well it wouldn't of been so bad if they were more reasonable. I told them all my troubles and they basically called me a liar

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
            Well it wouldn't of been so bad if they were more reasonable. I told them all my troubles and they basically called me a liar
            Whoa!!!! That would definitely have me on the phone to BB HQ with the Complaint Department in a heart beat and hoping that they would take names and kick some a$$ .

Comment

• mahoney19
              • Apr 2005

BR7, I'm with you. I finally cancelled my BBTA acount and went back to NF. BB could not believe the number of broken discs I was reporting and continued to blame the USPS. Then trying to get new releases from the BM BB store was a nightmare. Unless it was a major release they would only get 2 copies of a movie. At least with NF I'm getting what I want for older movies and tv series in the order I have them in my queue. If I want something new there is always Hollywood Video.

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

I agree The 2 years I was with NF I had 1-3 unplayables and 3 months with BB I had 8 or more.But I have always had good luck with NF and the new releases I always got them on Tuesday or Wednesday

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                  • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
                  hmmm.... it does say unlimited rentals

I agree. They can't complain. At the last place I lived, I lived across the street from my post office. My mail got deliverd by 10:30 AM, and I got out of class at 11:00 AM. That would give me six hours before I could drop them back at the Post office and send them back out the same day! I got some serious turnaround for awhile!

Unlimited means unlimited. That's why they're getting sued for throttling practices and similar sleight of hand!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎