X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
    BB now gives 1 free movie rental a week. So you get 52 free movies a year. Unlike the two a month though, where you had all month to use them. You get one coupon per week and it has to be used that week.
    For 2 months on the 3@time plan I have only received 2 in store coupons that are good til around the 3rd week of the month.

Comment

• codajohn
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

BB now gives 1 free movie rental a week. So you get 52 free movies a year. Unlike the two a month though, where you had all month to use them. You get one coupon per week and it has to be used that week.
      WOW!!!!

Works for me! 52 free!!! I usually return movies to the mail that night or early the next morning. On the other hand, are there 52 movies a year I want to see? Add in the normal subscription amount as well. Seems like a lot.
      Either way, Netflix is going to have to step up or fall down.

My problem with going back to BB is their selection of music concert DVDs. Netflix is outstanding.
      CJ
      My DVD Collection
      Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• floresdave
        results may vary
        • Mar 2006

I can relate with you on their not being 52 new movies worth watching this year. I was looking through new releases on netflix and was hard pressed to add any movies this week and the ones i did add are of the nature that blockbuster usually carries one to two copies if any in store. I too am impressed at netflix selection of concert dvd's. THey provide some much needed entertainment in a movie season that's less than impressive.

I'm wondering what netflix can really do to step up. They have lowered there prices, have more selection(concert dvd's). For most people have a faster turnaround time and most importantly have forced blockbuster to be competitive. I don't want to see a netflix store, that's not who they are.
        I think as long as both of these companies exist it's the people who are renting who win. If only this kind of competition translated into better movies.

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
          For 2 months on the 3@time plan I have only received 2 in store coupons that are good til around the 3rd week of the month.
          If that is the plan you are on, go in to your account and there you will have the option to change the type of plan you have, one of the options now will be the same 3 out at a time plan you are on but will have one coupon a week with it, instead of the two a month. You have to change the plan, as far as I know they will not do it automatically.

That's how I changed mine from the two a month to one per week. But it won't take effect until the next billing cycle.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by JustPeachieee
            This is how I get around that problem with Blockbuster... I have used them for months and have never had a problem renting only a "specified" amount of DVDs... I am on the 3 per month unlimited plan. When I send a movie back, I automatically go to my queue and choose "problems with DVD/Movie".. it is a small link and it will bring up another menu that shows all the movies you have out at that time and then below that is a list for you to choose from. When you have returned a movie, just check "I returned movie but it has not cleared my queue yet" and it will bring up another screen and you can choose "send next available title"... TADA! Your done... they will immediately send out your next available movie in your queue... Hope that helps!
            The report a problem on DVD's out works after 6 days and on DVD's shipped to you 3 days after they shipped it.

Comment

• floresdave
              results may vary
              • Mar 2006

I think i finally have been throttled by netflix, because it is the end of the billing cycle and they don't want to send me new movies until monday (the new month) Still got my money's worth this month, but what can you do. Went to Best Buy and Bought Blazing Saddles(5.99) and The Color of Money(6.99) to get me through the weekend since netflix isn't going to help out with that.

Comment

• AlienX69
                Interstellar Traveler
                • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                mine too. everything at my local library ought to be tossed in to a giant bin and lit on fire---all crap.
                Boy I would have thought the LA libs would have had more !!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

If that is the plan you are on, go in to your account and there you will have the option to change the type of plan you have, one of the options now will be the same 3 out at a time plan you are on but will have one coupon a week with it, instead of the two a month. You have to change the plan, as far as I know they will not do it automatically.

That's how I changed mine from the two a month to one per week. But it won't take effect until the next billing cycle.

@copyless - Thanks !!!! Never noticed that

Comment

• copyless
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2006

Your welcome, glad to help. Might as well get as many free as you can. At least with the one per week, it basically pays for that month on-line fees.

Comment

• codajohn
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jul 2005

Keep a look out for a "I've gotten thank you cards before, but never like this" mailer from BB. Inside is a unlimited movie rental card for $2.99 a movie until 7/31/06.
                      CJ
                      My DVD Collection
                      Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• foragerst
                        • May 2005

the mailer card is sent out to people at random as far as ive been told.

also certain stores are starting to package and resend BBonline movies. Im pretty sure there testing it out to see how it works out, from what my managers have told me. I work at a local BB intown.

Comment

• copyless
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Apr 2006

They must have a few different ones and send them out at different times to different customers, or something. Because I never got one for the month of July, but I did have one in June for $2.49 a movie. I can't remember how it was addressed.

I have been looking for that one coda, but I guess I am not going to receive it.

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

Well, I believe I am being throttled now... been a subscriber since May '06; it is now taking an extra day or 2 to receive the next movie in my Queue.

I stay with BB because the free coupon (4 per month) sweetens the deal, but I still don't like being throttled.

katz

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                              • Nov 2005

I agree, Katz. It's still an ok deal, but it's the principle of the thing, you know? They hated me for awhile. Last summer I worked nights, and lived right across the street from my post office. Mail came in the morning and left in the afternoon; a good 5-6 hr gap. Could cram in movies and ship them back out the day the came! Even with throttling, I still stuck it to them!

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

One way to get over on BB is report a DVD as not being received after 3 days, and you can pick for them to send the next movie(s) out of your queue while you still have your quota at home. I did it a coupla times already the day I received my 3 from them cause it took 3 days to get to me, they said 2 but it took three. So I had 3 more on the way before I sent 3 back

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎