• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamoskeag3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2005

I recently signed up with Blockbuster.
    They are telling me it will take them 3 days mail time to get movie to me.
    3 days seems like a long time to me.
    I heard they were real nice to you when you first start.
    May be a function of where nearest warehouse is to me, but i wonder.
    What kind of mail times have other folks experienced???
    Last edited by jamoskeag3; 4 Aug 2006, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

My normal expected delivery time from BB has been 2 days with most received in 1 day but some 3 or 4

See this post for deliveries over 3 days from BB

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
        I recently signed up with Blockbuster.
        They are telling me it will take them 3 days mail time to get movie to me.
        3 days seems like a long time to me.
        It always shows a 3 day difference between their sent date and expected arrival date, but it always takes only 2 days, consistently. A couple of times they did not show a movie I returned to them as received by them after 3 days, and I just report as an issue 'sent but not showing as received by them' and they promptly clear that title from my queue and send the next one. And they've been consistent with that as well.
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• volfann
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Jun 2006

I just went back to BB after being crapped on by Nutflix. They both practice throttling to some degree. BB slows down the shipping times but Nutflix started telling me that every movie I wanted was suddenly on long wait. Had I even wanted to see Humpback Mountain I bet it would have been long wait also..
          sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Between me and family members we have BB and NF both 3@time and manage the queues to get what we want the fastest way from either one.

Seems BB is the best so far in getting most new releases quickly, but we have only been using it 3 months and been with NF about 17 months. So for BB we are still new users. NF considers me a high volume renter with low priority IAW their terms of service. In the beginning NF was the same way as BB is now quick and new releases not really a problem

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

One way to get over on BB is report a DVD as not being received after 3 days, and you can pick for them to send the next movie(s) out of your queue while you still have your quota at home. I did it a coupla times already the day I received my 3 from them cause it took 3 days to get to me, they said 2 but it took three. So I had 3 more on the way before I sent 3 back
              I believe they are wise to this now; I have tried it a couple of times, & they seem to ignore my request & ship it days later anyway...

The reason I wanted to do it is because the mail to my area takes the maximum amount of time anyway - 3+ days

Guess you can't fight city hall....

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

Do you think they might fall for the old "dog ate my DVD " excuse???
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                  Do you think they might fall for the old "dog ate my DVD " excuse???
                  The dog eating it would be on you, lst in the mail - No problem

@katzdvd - I haven't had a problem, the ones I report as not received drop outta my queue as being shipped and they process the next three.

Comment

• ToxicVega
                    • Sep 2006

What u all dont realize is that, BOTH NF and BB rely on the great US Postal Service. Remeber it is not how fast a company can ship them out, or show them In, its how fast your local Lazy Fat A$$ Postal Carrier can do his job.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by ToxicVega
                      What u all dont realize is that, BOTH NF and BB rely on the great US Postal Service. Remeber it is not how fast a company can ship them out, or show them In, its how fast your local Lazy Fat A$$ Postal Carrier can do his job.
                      That is true and I have posted that I thought my mailman was watching my DVDs I had some that took 12-14 days to be acknowledged as received by NF. NF also states they only ship out so many DVD's a day at each distro center. I live near one in Philly that could be slowed down by that stupid @ass reg every day.

I complained to NF and they blame the post office. I complained to the PO and they blame NF and say they get any piece of mail anywhere in the US within 3 days. I still wish they put a postmark on the bulk mail envelopes.

Comment

• mahoney19
                        • Apr 2005

And today being a legal holiday no mail in the USA. SO we get screwed again by NF and the post office. I'm positive my postman is watching some of my dvd before I get them. I have had several in the past month where the white tape dot was peeled loose. These dvd's took 6 days to reach me from the date of shipping. Same thing happens with my copy of Maxim. I get it 3 days later than when it comes out in stores.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by mahoney19
                          And today being a legal holiday no mail in the USA. SO we get screwed again by NF and the post office. I'm positive my postman is watching some of my dvd before I get them. I have had several in the past month where the white tape dot was peeled loose. These dvd's took 6 days to reach me from the date of shipping. Same thing happens with my copy of Maxim. I get it 3 days later than when it comes out in stores.
                          I have called and emailed NF about them white stcikers and the type of mailing envelope they use, when the sticker is peeled off the envelope rolls like a tank tread and the DVD comes right out!!! I told them to use glue that is not like a post it and peels off.
                          On my returns to NF and BB I have started using glue sticks to seal the envelopes and asked NF if the monitor the envelopes to see if they have been tampered with and was told that they dont.

Comment

• vah234
                            • Sep 2004

i belong to blockbuster and yes they do throttle like netflix but the way to get them is false advertisement---they state unlimited rentals online but because of their shipping methods and check in methods you can only get max 12-14 movies a month no matter what you do and they wont respond to this allegation no matter what you do or say they would rather see you leave the service then try to correct the problem that they created themselves with their own shipping methods

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

I had 3 movies all shipped from Atlanta last week on Tuesday. I got one on Thursday,one on Friday and the last one came Tuesday. Some really funny sh*t going on here.I had already reported the last one MIA and had them send next movie so i would have a queue opening to get Mondays newest releases..
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• vah234
                                • Sep 2004

to show you how bad blockbuster is i have recieved movies in the mail sometimes the same day they list as being shipped but when i return movie and notify them of same they tell me i have to wait three days to report anything--three days after their ship date,one to two days for post office to process,one to three days for next movie---the most you can get in a week is usually only three or 12 movies a month---this is a far cry from unlimited rentals monthly

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎