Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

let's start over with the firmware, download again a new copy, extract to the desktop and reboot into safe mode then flash, I don't like the burner being slaved to an inferior drive, it would be better as standalone master

Comment

• kj1424
      • Jan 2005

i tried that link from before....couldnt get the download...also...can you break the flashing a little more.....like download it to the desktop...restart in safe mode...and then try the flashing...and when thats done....restart in normal mode...sound right???

Comment

• kj1424
        • Jan 2005

and changing the slave settings....does this mean pulling out the drive and changing it in the back??

Comment

• Beagle_Newton
          • Jan 2008

My Problem LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S DVD-RW

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1982913 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=15 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1982913 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid">I Hava a HP Computor and my DVD-RW is a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S and i cant get it to copy dvd's ever since i played a american region 2 dvd in my english pc it changed the dvd region to region 2 and will not change back to region 1 when i try to change it back i still have 4 allowed changes left for my DVD-RW it says i do not have a disk with promishion even thow i have tryed changing it back with loads of different american dvd's and english dvd's and tryed different types of blank dvd-r,dvd+rw and a blank CD-R but it dose pick up the blank CD-R disks but it still would not change the region back to region 1 it has been like this for probley 1 or even 2 years probley if you could help me i would be VERY thankful to anyone who can help me. Thanks For Your Time <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
          </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

LtnRPC try this utility, your drive may be broken?

Comment

• Cygnus_X1
              • Mar 2008

Hi Chewy, I seem to have the exact same issue that started this thread. I bought 50 pack of Memorex DVD-R 16X, 4.7GB. When I enter a disk into my LiteOn combo drive (SOHW-1633S fw BS0Y), the disk starts to spin up, and then makes several grinding noises, like its coming to a quick halt. The whole pack of disks does this.

A little background on my PC situation... I recently did a reformat of my harddrive, and since then my LiteOn drive hasnt been quite the same. I can watch DVD movies, but I can't get the drive to recognize blank DVD-R media. Everything use to work fine before the reformat. I seem to remember this same issue happening several years ago when I first installed this LiteOn drive, but I can't remember what I did to remedy the situation. I am using the latest firmware, and I have the right drivers installed for XP.

I'm not that experienced with DVD drives, drivers, and settings. I'd appreciate any assistance or tips you could give me to remedy my situation. I tried LiteOn's support, and they basically told me to send the drive back to them which is years out of waranty, and I've looked at several threads on this forum and others, but none seem to help.

Thanks for your response and help in advance.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

try the csot patched, it's pretty much your last hope if the drive isn't worn out

a cleaning might work

using imgburn to see if your firmware sees the disks and the approprate write speed?

Comment

Working...