Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmackc24
    • Dec 2004

?? about NEC ND-3550A

I just received my NEC ND-3550A from newegg. I installed it i had some iso. files and could wait to see how it burned,it did fine. Here is the problem, when i insert an original dvd it will not recognize it?? Has anyone had this problem,if so how did you fix it? I have not updated firmware yet,i am waiting on responses. I would think i would have to since i JUST received it today??
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Use a player with the plugin for protected dvd's to play it first, it will set the region(power dvd?)
    if that doesn't work make sure bios is turned on for the drive, windows sees it.
    and you have set the jumpers right and have all cables connected well.

Comment

• TNT
      DVD Shrinker
      • Jan 2004

Did you check the region compatibility?
      Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
      I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• jmackc24
        • Dec 2004

Use a player with the plugin for protected dvd's to play it first, it will set the region(power dvd?)
        if that doesn't work make sure bios is turned on for the drive, windows sees it.
        and you have set the jumpers right and have all cables connected well.

I have checked bios it is set as my master,i know window see it other wise i could not burn the iso files i had before,rechecked cables ok.

Did you check the region compatibility?
        I have set the region.

Any other ideas?? Or did i just get a dud??

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

when i insert an original dvd it will not recognize it
          what won't recognize it? what burned the iso's? will shrink or dvdd see it?

Comment

• jmackc24
            • Dec 2004

well as of right now 8:00 est it is reading original DVDs. I don't know what changed between 9:30 this morning and now but i have tried 10 of the orginals and now all of them work?? I will post again if i run into the same problem but right it is working. Go figure?? Thank you for your help Chewy and TNT.

Comment

• jmackc24
              • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
              what won't recognize it? what burned the iso's? will shrink or dvdd see it?
              The burner would not reconize i had a valid disk in the drive. I had movies i had shrank when my old burner took a dump,i used those to burn my 1st dvds with the burner.both shrink and decrypter can see it. now it just fixed it self!

Comment

• Jertsh
                • Apr 2006

Nec 3550A

Bought a OEM DVd and Cd combo player recorder and wanted to know where you got the software for the drivers and software to be able to record CD's And DVD's with this recorder

Comment

• jmackc24
                  • Dec 2004

Welcome to the forum!
                  It's just plug and play for me,windows recognized it.You can get driver's from the NEC support site.Software i had already with other players.

Comment

• Jertsh
                    • Apr 2006

THX Just building a new PC and want it to drive my 52 inch Rear projection tv and hoping to download movies for it and store them on DVd with the Nec
                    3550A which you could use a high density disk. Just have to get the best software to enable HDTV output. There must be something better than Nero.

Comment

Working...