Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GALE
    • Dec 2003

Audio gets lost

I have an avi file which plays fine. Converted same to a SVCD and the resulting mpg file had no audio. Had that happen before. Used VirtualDub to extract the audio and then with the avi and resulting wav file used TMPGenc Plus to create a new SVCD mpg2 file. Still no audio. Any ideas. Thank you.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you used the wav file as input audio for tmpgenc, correct? does this wav file have sound?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• GALE
      • Dec 2003

Yes the wav file has sound. I got to thinking maybe a mpg2 has sound and a SVCD mpg2 does not. Dunno...might use an RW and see if I get sound. The mpg2 file created has a size but not a length.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

just a longshot but try raising the directshow file reader in environmental settings>vafapi tab.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• GALE
          • Dec 2003

"...directshow file reader in environmental settings>vafapi tab..."
          Help me on that one, if you would. Where is this environmental settings?
          Thanks.

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Where is this environmental settings?
            OPTION/Environmental Setting/VFAPI Plugin. Now Right click on Directshow Multimedia File Reader Set it to higher priority until it is the highest of all(usually +2).
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

yes, sorry about the evasive post, paglamon's instructions are also in this link which should help you in the conversion aswell
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• celtic_druid
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Dec 2005

When you saved the wav, did you have audio on full processing? Because TMPGEnc should have no problems converting pcm wav even with default VFAPI settings. If you have audio set to direct streaming, then you just get an mp3 with a wav header and it is basically the same as leaving the audio in the avi.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

that's very true. i should have asked your steps creating the wav in vdub. in the link i gave shows creating a wav file that will work np in tmpgenc.

When you saved the wav, did you have audio on full processing? Because TMPGEnc should have no problems converting pcm wav even with default VFAPI settings
                  also very true, that's why i thought it a longshot. i think celtic you have it, must be the way the wav was created.

it would be nice to see the file info or at least know what the original audio is AC3 or whatever. the method in that link can be used with vdub, OR demux with vdubmod and convert to wav with besweet or px3's--many ways.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• GALE
                    • Dec 2003

I had an older version of VDub....extracting the wav file and using with TmpG worked fine. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎