• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Convert MP4 to DVD

Hi there,

I am having problems as I have some MP4 video files that I want to convert to DVD. I have tried a few things and not had much luck.

I am not overly bothered about the quality but have tried
    CCE - which had massive synch problems
    Pro-Coder - which took 7 hours to do 1 hour of video
    VSO Video Convertor - which seemed to do ok but had no control over bitrates etc.

Any advice on sorting this out would be appreciated. I can play the movies ok and have the full K-Lite codec pack installed.

Cheers

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • futurex
    Outlaw Ridah
    • Mar 2005

its either that the applications do not support the mp4 container, or no vfw codec on your system. if the former, extract to raw h264 stream using YAMB and use AVC2AVI to mux to avi. if the latter, download ffdshow, open up vfw codec configuration and select libavcodec for h264
    Futurex

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

I can play the movies ok and have the Klite full codec pack so I think it is the first item. I will give what you suggest a try.

Thanks a lot for your help.
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• MrE_H
        Head of Sanitation
        • Apr 2003

I just tried the ffdshow config bit you suggested and that is what I needed. It was set to disabled and so I changed it and now my apps recognise my MP4 files.

Thanks again

Comment

• futurex
          Outlaw Ridah
          • Mar 2005

yer welcome
          Futurex

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎