Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aLittletank
    • Nov 2005

Nero Cd/DVD sped test results

should I be concerned about this? I have tested my last 6 burns and had smooth lines. BTW this disc did test @100% for the scan disc

FYI
    this is a Taiyo Yuden disc http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...d-r-media.html

burned with a NEC 3550a

thanks
    Attached Files
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

you need to do a disc quality scan at 5x after you burn the disc then see how good the quality is first
    sigpic

Comment

• geno888
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

TYG02 is a 8x media. I obtained very good results burning these media also @12x, but anyway what speed do you burned this disc?

Do you have a liteon or a benq burner to do a scan of this disc? Nec drives are not completely reliable for scannings. Do you have a friend with a liteon or a benq drive to ask for a scan?

Remember: if you do a scan with a liteon drive, scan @4x, whereas with a benq do scans @8x.

Another question: is it your drive connected internally to IDE channel or with usb2/firewire on an external box?

Comment

• codajohn
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

I was looking through the http://www.supermediastore.com/index.html site. How are their media prices compared to retail? Are they reputable? Are there other reputable on-line media stores that you could recommend? Compared to CompUSA their prices are insanely low. Is this to good to be true? I may never go back there again. Ever!
        CJ
        CJ
        My DVD Collection
        Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

use the free shipping or specials, there TY dvd+r prices are too high,
          but they beat or match everyone on the TY dvd-r's

retail MIJ or verbatim for 30C is hard to beat(shop the sales)

Comment

• codajohn
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jul 2005

Thanks Chewy!
            CJ
            My DVD Collection
            Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• aLittletank
              • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by geno888
              TYG02 is a 8x media. I obtained very good results burning these media also @12x, but anyway what speed do you burned this disc?
              I have been doing my burns @ 4x

Do you have a liteon or a benq burner to do a scan of this disc?
              I have a sony DQ-28A and a NEC 3550a

Nec drives are not completely reliable for scannings. Do you have a friend with a liteon or a benq drive to ask for a scan?
              My friends are lucky to burn a CD, let alone a DVD! nope, no liteon or Benq

Another question: is it your drive connected internally to IDE channel or with usb2/firewire on an external box?
              Internally

Lets just for the sake of this post assume that the scan was correct... should I be concerned with the reading at 3.4 until the end of the disk?

thanks

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Lets just for the sake of this post assume that the scan was correct... should I be concerned with the reading at 3.4 until the end of the disk?
                a little, especially if the whole batch has those problems, crosscheck with the sony

also my scan of cloned/fake TY

a worst disk

Comment

• aLittletank
                  • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  a little, especially if the whole batch has those problems, crosscheck with the sony
                  only bad one so far, I will do that cross check and see if its any different

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎