Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fu8u
    • Mar 2006

dvd shrink froze, restart the burning?

I was burning a movie, everything was fine, until it came to burning the movie onto the blank DVD. DVD Shrink made it to 41% then went kaput. I tried to get online for some troubleshooting tips, but I couldn't get connected. Suffice to say, I had to resart my computer and end the burning process. My question is can I begin burning the same DVD from the point that I left off, not only for this situation, but for similar ones. If I can, how? Let me know if you guys need more information to figure this one out. Thanks for your time.

fu8u
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Welcome to the Forum. What program did you use to burn & what process did you use to get to this point, programs etc?

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

did you multitash while burning?
      sigpic

Comment

• fu8u
        • Mar 2006

repondez vous

Thanks, it's great to be here. I was using DVD Shrink, and only DVD Shrink. I reauthored the DVD to burn only the movie and one extra feature (deleted scenes) so that it would have better quality. I'm not sure if Shrink burns DVDs on it's own, but if it uses other programs, then I'm pretty sure it would have been Nero if it did. Like I said though, I was only using Shrink. I had left it in low priority in case I did do something else on the computer, but all that was open were two explorer windows (one was this forum ) but I wasn't connected to the internet. I hope this clears up this mess a bit.

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

burning and multitask is not a good thing, unless you have one of those new computer dual core you can try on it. I leave it alone when come to burning
          sigpic

Comment

• fu8u
            • Mar 2006

So that counts as mutitasking? Even if they're minimized? Shoot, ok well now I know. Makes sense, but is there no way to continue the burning, do I need to start over?

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

I mean I delete all the icon that I dont need on the lower right, make sure nothing runing in the back ground
              sigpic

Comment

• fu8u
                • Mar 2006

Yeah, I got that. I'm still wondering though, do I need to use a new blank disc and restart burning it, or can I pick up where I left off on the first disc I was burning onto?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎