Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prettybasesg
    • Mar 2006

DVD bought in Asian countries

My sister went to some Asia Country (Vietname, China, Korea) and bought lots of DVD movie series. The dvds were fine there. but stalled when played here in America.
    is this region problems? or the dvd problems (scratches...)
    sigpic
    ALL IN 4 CUP KRAZAY 2007 BABY
    CHEER FOR CALGARY FLAMES

-- GO FLAMES GO --
    -- GO FLAMES GO --
    -- GO FLAMES GO --
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

Could even be PAL video format. Since I don't have any PAL discs I wouldn't be able to suggest work-arounds for you, aside from purchasing a player that supports it.

Maybe someone here can suggest how to identify it as PAL if there's nothing printed on the discs marking it as NTSC/PAL.

Regards,
    Cam
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

well if the dvd's in question are in fact PAL, benbryant's fine work here explains how to convert to NTSC
      Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

Sounds like PAL. If you can play it on the pc with a media player you should be able to see some info on the disc. Screen resolution will be 720 x 576 for PAL vs. 720 x 480 for NTSC
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎