Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Session Fixation Error in nero Need HELP Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pope2000
    • Mar 2006

Session Fixation Error in nero Need HELP Please!!!

NEED HELP Spent hours trying to fix this
    Attached Files
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Check your drive connection if thats not it.....
    Check your ASPI layer configuration. Your recording program is likely to use the standard windows ASPI layer, which has been replaced by another ASPI layer of yet another recording program. Make sure you have the original windows ASPI layer in use and retry

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• pope2000
      • Mar 2006

How do I change my ASPI

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

Please tell us the media ID code of your media. I suspect it is grossly inferior.

Read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• pope2000
          • Mar 2006

I'm not sure exactly what the ID code is but I have been using sony dvd+r and they have worked a 2 times before.

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

open up Nero CD-DVD speed and click the disc info tab

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• pope2000
              • Mar 2006

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
              Basic Information
              Disc Type: : DVD+R
              Book Type : DVD+R
              Manufacturer: : unknown
              MID : YUDEN000 T02 (000)
              Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X - 8 X
              Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
              : 4482 MB
              : 4700375040 bytes
              Extended Information
              Layers : 1
              Write strategies : 4 X - 8 X
              Disc Status : Empty
              Raw Data
              ADIP Information (11h)
              0000 - 01 01 01 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF A4 80 - ................
              0010 - 00 23 05 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 58 00 00 00 - .#.@........X...
              0020 - 74 D4 05 00 78 FA 17 00 E0 D4 05 00 18 EE 90 7C - t...x..........|
              0030 - 78 FB 90 7C FF FF FF FF 71 FB 90 7C 18 6A DD 77 - x..|....q..|.j.w
              0040 - 51 6A DD 77 00 00 15 00 02 00 00 80 30 00 00 00 - Qj.w........0...
              0050 - 18 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 18 D5 05 00 40 00 01 00 - ....0.......@...
              0060 - 0B 00 00 00 20 D4 05 00 4E 00 4E 00 98 D5 05 00 - ........N.N.....
              0070 - 18 EE 90 7C 70 05 91 7C FF FF FF FF 6D 05 91 7C - ...|p..|....m..|

Comment

• GoGoGeetoe
                • Jun 2006

Solving Fixation Errors and DAO close problems

First, to all those people giving great advice, like "maybe your media" or "maybe your drive is going".... maybe, you should not put your 2 cents in if you're not sure of what you're talking about. It makes searching much more difficult -- and pretty much anyone burning, other than a TOTALLY-BRAND-NEW NOOB would understand (know) it could be their media and it could be drive... for almost anything... so, before you post think "am I adding any value to this? or am I just wasting space?"

I digress...

I was very frustrated with a similar problem. I checked the Nero help for the error and it suggested going to an 80-pin cable for the IDE connection... apparently sometimes 40 pins will be okay for reading but not for writing. I did try an 80 pin cable but that didn't change anything.

I tried to install the ASPI drivers from adaptec (4.7) ... but I got a partial installation, I can't remember the files exactly, but using the ASPICHK tool it showed that only 2 of the 4 installed. I didn't even mess with that... I'd already made 4 coasters ( which is alot when you've got used to the buffer underrun protection).

I finally used the "force" package that people are talking about... it will force that 4.60 gets installed. I did it the precautious way... I first ran the "killASPI" batch file, rebooted, then ran the "instASPI" and rebooted again. I just successfully burned a disk on the same system which was giving me all the fixation errors (and some other error about not closing DAO session). I would strongly recommend that you try the "force" package.

GGG

Comment

• jaanos
                  • Sep 2007

Hi,

I have just had a similar error message when trying to burn a MP3 Cd using Nero........ I have absolutely no idea what you mean by installing ASPI drivers from adaptec (4.7). Can I just google search these? Or can you specify where to get them from? And if they don't install correctly how do I "force" them to install????!!!???

Sorry for having no idea but any help would be much apreciated.

I am using an ASUS DRW-1608P3S
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

what OS are you running? XP 64 bit?

welcome to the forum

what blanks are you using?

40X burn speed is way too fast

Comment

• liquidroom13
                      • Nov 2007

My Solution for Session Fixation Error in Nero 8

I had the same error. Installing the apaptec aspi driver 4.7 did the trick. (4.6 did not help)

Comment

• StarDust
                        • Apr 2008

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by GoGoGeetoe

First, to all those people giving great advice, like "maybe your media" or "maybe your drive is going".... maybe, you should not put your 2 cents in if you're not sure of what you're talking about. It makes searching much more difficult -- and pretty much anyone burning, other than a TOTALLY-BRAND-NEW NOOB would understand (know) it could be their media and it could be drive... for almost anything... so, before you post think "am I adding any value to this? or am I just wasting space?"

I digress...

I was very frustrated with a similar problem. I checked the Nero help for the error and it suggested going to an 80-pin cable for the IDE connection... apparently sometimes 40 pins will be okay for reading but not for writing. I did try an 80 pin cable but that didn't change anything.

I tried to install the ASPI drivers from adaptec (4.7) ... but I got a partial installation, I can't remember the files exactly, but using the ASPICHK tool it showed that only 2 of the 4 installed. I didn't even mess with that... I'd already made 4 coasters ( which is alot when you've got used to the buffer underrun protection).

I finally used the "force" package that people are talking about... it will force that 4.60 gets installed. I did it the precautious way... I first ran the "killASPI" batch file, rebooted, then ran the "instASPI" and rebooted again. I just successfully burned a disk on the same system which was giving me all the fixation errors (and some other error about not closing DAO session). I would strongly recommend that you try the "force" package.

GGG

I wanted to thank you for the information you provided within this one post. I had major problems myself and your post reminded me to not become frustrated and use my dormant brain and also to stick to basics

I finally used the "force" package you mentioned, reloaded the proper layers and your advise solved my issues without further waste of media.

The point is I guess is I used a search engine to help solve my problem and this thread popped up, I read quickly and your post solved the issues. My joining this forum was primarily to thank you but I can see quickly there is much here that will help me so I owe two thanks and am happy I found this thread as well as forum.

Thank you,

StarDust

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

Welcome to the forum

Before XP people needed some sort of aspi, I found some old threads where a few software developers were discussing the problem, the overwhelming fact was how bad adaptec's aspi was, nero had a good one, elby had the best driver at that time.

Then XP came along and SPTI took over, even nero dropped using aspi for spti.

My computers have been like this for years
                          Attached Files

Comment

• deepbluegene
                            • Apr 2008

I am also facing same session fixation error in Nero. i used ImgBurn and cdburnerxppro they are burning cd/dvds fine but problem with Nero only.i am attaching log file from Nero.please have a look.

also how i can change aspi drivers if there is a problem with them. i have adaptec aspi installed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

It's best to not have a 3-4 year old cd-rom as master in pio mode and then slave a dvd burner to it

To head off problems I pull the old drives and set the dvd burners as standalone masters

and I never burn cd's or dvd's at max speed unless doing a test

with an older computer and unknown blanks no way

why use nero 8 on such an old computer?

this file kills aspi

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎