Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kookykrazee
    • Apr 2002

Change DivX Movie Properties

I need assistance with finding a program and how to convert a bunch of movies and videos that are DivX avi files. They are currently 640x480 resolution and I would like to convert them to 320x240. I have searched for different programs but I haven't had much luck as i am new to this and am more concerned about hard drive space then i am with the size of the videos. Preference would be preferred to faster programs but I can set up a second computer just to convert movies, if that becomes necessary. I currently have an AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz/512 Meg RAM/32 Meg Video/SB Live so I don't believe I should have too many problems with any program someone might find. You can either respond to me here or try sending me an email. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

What are you trying to convert them to? You must realize that by converting them you will lose some quality. Are you leaving them divx or converting them to vcd, svcd. The end result will determine the programs and procedures used.

Mac

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

That's right.

However, in my experience, if u r creating it to VCD, use TMPGENC and set the vbv buffer size to 224 because it will produce LESS blocks, if there re any blocks.

Also, you can burn it in NERO even if the file size is > 700MB because nero works with timescale, not file size, but as long as it is in the 80/74min mark, ur fine.

If you want to create it as a DIVX file (why?) then use something like virtualdub and use the resize filters but u will lose quality.

Please tell us what u r trying to achieve and accordingly help u with the best possible answers.

Techno

Comment

• kookykrazee
        • Apr 2002

I want to keep them DivX and just change the resolution to make them not only smaller physically but also to take up less space. I have probably 20 gig worth of medium sized videos and want to just make them smaller. I am not as concerned about losing a little bit of quality to make them smaller.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"I need assistance with finding a program and how to convert a bunch of movies and videos that are DivX avi files. They are currently 640x480 resolution and I would like to convert them to 320x240."

Use VirtualDub and select the "resize" filter (under the "Video" dropdown menu). It's self-explanatory...

Comment

• kookykrazee
            • Apr 2002

Thank you very much for your help, I think that is what I was looking for. I am glad that there are newsgroups that actually help people. Have a great day

Kris

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎