X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utengineer04
    I know a little something
    • Dec 2005

flimsy dvds?

Hello, I was comparing the 2 different dvd namebrands I have here; Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, both are just regular dvd-r, no lightscribe or anything. I think that the Verbatims seem to be stiffer, can anyone else confirm this? The reason I did this is because I was going to buy a bunch of TY's because of the superior recording quality, not saying Verbs are bad, it's just that the TY's seem to outperform the Verbs just a slight bit in my tests. If this is the case, then I will consider buying more Verbatims.
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Both verbatim and taiyo yuden are good media. The better (if genuine) are Taiyo yuden discs. However, with taiyo is really easy to find fake media. See here: there are many examples

Burning quality is related also to burner and firmware you use.

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Verbatim is also not consistense from batch to batch, over all I think yuden still on top
      sigpic

Comment

• Gary D
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

There are 3 manufacturers of Verbatims now. One In Japan (great). One in Taiwan (very good) and one in India (unknown). If you click on videohelp in my signature then enter your discs makers, you will then find some results. If you want to know what goes great with your burner, just enter your maker and burner model. This site is awesome and I would give it 5 stars out of 5 because of all the great info there.
        Gary D

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Made in Japan verbatim are always Taiyo yuden (the very best available). Made in Taiwan verbatim are very good media (except some bad batches). Made in India ones have lower quality than made i Taiwan ones.

Pearl white series of verbatim are Ritek media: avoid them

Comment

• utengineer04
            I know a little something
            • Dec 2005

lol, ok, well getting back to the question, does anyone think that the Verbatims are a tad stiffer, than the TY's? Stiffer as in a properties aspect, meaning they won't bend or break as easily, thanks.

Comment

• geno888
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

I haven't noted any difference.

Maybe this is what you was searching

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢