Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruriko
    • Jul 2004

DVD Production risks

What are some risks that can occur in a dvd film production? besides data loss & personal loss and how would you solve it?
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Can you be more speciffic with your question, why would you have any loss?
    What do you mean by production? What do you mean by personal loss?

Are you tring to back up a DVD or mass produce them ? The questions seems strang.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

You sound like my mom a bit (she doesn't realise that copied audio CDs are the same quality as the original since she grew up using records and tapes). Unlike VHS or casette tapes, no matter how many times you make/copy a DVD, you will never lose any quality. Granted that the video WILL be compressed a bit to fit to the disc, but once it's on there, you can copy it as much as you want with no quality loss.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• Squee77
        • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
        You sound like my mom a bit (she doesn't realise that copied audio CDs are the same quality as the original since she grew up using records and tapes). Unlike VHS or casette tapes, no matter how many times you make/copy a DVD, you will never lose any quality. Granted that the video WILL be compressed a bit to fit to the disc, but once it's on there, you can copy it as much as you want with no quality loss.
        I thought they last about 25 years till they turn bad...i was watching a channel on hgtv talking about dvd or did i just imagined hearing that got me wrong :S hmmm.
        //Amd 64 sock 939 running 2.41ghz rating with 1mb chache
        //Rosewill 1gb ram, pc3200(ddr 400) unknown timing
        //Graphic card X1900gt 256mb(sapphire edition)with 400mhz ramdac 1314mhz coreclock
        //Hard drives(3) 80GB Western digital 7.2k(IDE)2mb cache; 160GB Western digital rpm 7.2k(SATA 1.5GB/s)8mb cache, 320GB Seagate rpm 7.2k(SATA 3.0GB/s) 16mb cache
        //Creative Xtreme music sound blaster card
        //350W Rosewill PSU
        //HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N(internal dvd burner)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Right, they last as long as the media is good. But they don't deteriorate like VHSs do... you can play them 1000 times and it will be as good as the first time.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...