Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feival
    • Jan 2006

Newibie! Want to convert MPEG4 to DIVX

I have a film in MPEG 4 which I can wathc using windows media player but really I wnat to burn it to disc and watch it on my TV. My DVD player is DIVX cmpaitble so I would like to convert it to that format. I used an application called WinAVIVideoConverterwhich converted it OK (slight degradation in image but I can live iwtwh that) but the audio track is out of sync with the video. I though I had corrected that with VirtualDubMod but it seems the sound gets progrresively more out of sync as it goes on so my corretion only worksed for the first 15 minutes of the film! Can anyone recommend an easy way to convert from MPEG4 to something my DIVS DVD player will be able to play!

Thanks.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try Virtualdubmod for the whole process instead of only for correcting audio.
    Those converters are rubbish.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• feival
      • Jan 2006

Thanks. The proble is virtualdubmod doesn't even see the file when I do open file. Do I need to add something into it e.g. a plug-in?

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

This might help you:

Talk about the MP4, MKV file containers, plus the MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and related video formats
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎