Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Made 10 Coasters already, can't correct problem

Default Made 10 Coasters already, can't correct problem

Hi,

I've been visiting this site for a long time and have always found it very easy to search through some threads to find the solution to my problems. I have been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter for over a year and have never had any issues with backups. Only recently have I begun having some trouble with my burns. They won't play on my computer, my stand alone dvd player, or my ps2. I have not switched to a different brand of discs as I have successfully burned many dvd's with the Philips DVD+R 1-8x. It is not a protection problem either as many of these back ups are for older movies that I am certain would've worked had i tried a year ago. I have defragged my computer several times. The 3 ISO images I currently have saved on my hardrive play perfectly when I try to view them with DVD Shrink. I have checked the thread about the golden rules to burning and tested every bulletpoint. The burns finish at 100% encountering no writing problems. I do not have a log saved as I closed too quickly after my last burn. My disk space is 74.4 gbs, with 23.1 gb of free space. My DVD burner is LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS06 (ATA).

Anyone know what's wrong?

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

Checked your DMA? Media brand is meaningless. What Media ID code do you have? Switch to Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens. Burn speed? Firmware up to date?

We really do need a log. And verify your burns.

Regards

Thanks for responding so quickly. Call me a newbie, but what's DMA and media ID Code? burn speed is 2.4x. Firmware is up to date.

Super Moderatress

Hi and welcome to the forum, bchow04!

If you look in blutach's signature - you find your answers there.

Ok, Media ID and firmware version. Does this mean anything to you?

LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS06 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD+R

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
    Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1

Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

Yeah - you are running with almost the worst blanks known to modern man.

Get some good quality media - see my first post. And check those other things. Your firmware appears way out of date - see http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/English/...e_dvd%20rw.asp for FS0K.

Regards

really?! these discs weren't cheap, i had no idea

well thanks for all your help, really appreciate it. By the way, the link to "update your firmware" isn't working for me.

Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me dmanshead's Avatar

I was having many of the same problems you were having and if you look there is a whole plethura of responses in my thread burn errors a couple of questions. Here is one of my last posts to it:
    Ok thanks for all the info and here is a great page for dvd media info http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediasearch it seems more up to date than digitalFaqs, as i have a hard time with finding most of the current media listed. I installed DVD Identifier from http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/ and have found some very usefuls tools there to help in this process of how fast or slow I should burn the dvd's, I have found that slower is not always better, as some media is not rated to go as slow as people purport to burn it.
    Knowlegde is power, and hopefully it will stop the mass production of coasters, I'm still not sure about firmware but mine is up to date for my burners.
    hope that gives you some help.
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

I have now updated my firmware, burned another disc which turned out to be another coaster.

At this point I'd just like to know what i'm doing wrong here because its driving me crazy.

The Iso image is fragmented in over 1000 different places. Am i ripping these movies wrong?

Thread Information