Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phatty033
    • Apr 2006

sony 1x-16x DVDs

i found these at best buy on sale for 29.99 for 100 ..regular price is 74.99, do you guys think these are any good?!.......it says its made in taiwan so i guess thats questionable but is it really that bad? because i already bought them before i figured this forum and read not to buy ones made in japan and whatnot, anyways has anyone tried these, what do you think? i guess if their really that bad i can just return them......RIGHT?! anyways heres the model number..100DMR47LS3

thanks
  • steveareno1955
    • Jun 2005

phatty

Don't have a clue if any good or not. But when I buy media I usually buy taiyo yudens and if you watch meritline.com or supermedia.com you can get the dvd- or dvd+x4 for cheaper than what you pay bestbuy. The last ones I bought from meritline were $25 per 100 with free shipping and you don't pay any tax. Even tho the 4x will burn on my nec at 8x to 14x one of the golden rules is not to burn faster than 4x. Plus the taiyo yudens are rated one of the best.

You can't go wrong getting from these two places and cheaper.
    A F@H Protein Folder
    Find out how you can be a folder to. Read this thread ASAP!!!
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

• dmanshead
      Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
      • Dec 2005

that price isn't bad but.....

I have bought some of those same discs, for a higher price and have had only fair results with them. Imation media (with id CMC MAG E01 +R) is some of the worst known to man, but they do have a few running around that are made in india with an id code of MBIPG101-R04, that do better in the cd-dvd speed test, than those sony's....I was very surprised at this. There are links to cd-dvd speed in the forums, or if you are sporting nero 7 it is already included. Another great tool is dvd identifier. Here you can read about some of my questions i had here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=63647 . I guess the bottom line is buy made in japan discs unless you know what you are getting first, and brand isn't always reliable as they can change manufacturers. If you buy some be ready to take them back if you run into problems with them, save all your errors as it makes them more likely to give you a refund or credit. The last thing I have had a few of those sony give very high results on the test but those are few and far between.
      If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
      Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
        • Dec 2005

Sorry the id does so much more than the model number as model number is subject to change manufacturers, on the flip side i have only had 2 coasters out of 40 on those sony's. dvd identifier will give you a good suggested rate to burn them as well, it's a great tool.
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• phatty033
          • Apr 2006

2 coasters out of 40?!..i'd say thats alot damnnnnit

Comment

• dmanshead
            • Dec 2005

well lets see the last batch of cmc mag's i had i had 2 not coasters out of 40, so much better results....I seem too be doing much better now that i have fully updated firmware, but yet i can't explain why. maybe more will be revealed...
            Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
              • Dec 2005

Obtw then i guess you answered your original Question too.....
              Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎