Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: cant run two internal burners at same time

Default cant run two internal burners at same time

i was using an internal burner(toshiba/samsung) converted into external burner for about a year. then i started to produce a lot of coasters due to burn failures went through the entire reinstallation of burning and ripping software checked burner settings updated firmware nothing worked.
    bought a new pioneer burner 16x dual layer (as was the t/s) and decided to take out my dvd-rom and cd writer and install the two dvd drives.
    tried putting both in at the same time and my computer will only recognize the pioneer and i get an error message something like cannot launch. tried to put dvd in toshiba samsung drive still didn't recognize drive. i went through troubleshooting options reinstalling hardware using hardware wizard looked for firmware updates but there were none available.
    my next idea was to shut down unplug pioneer so i did and samsung worked perfectly burned a disc first try using nero. played a few files then tried to reboot this time with both connected got same error as original.
    so finally i unplugged samsung and just connected the pioneer and it worked perfectly too.
    from time to time i reboot with both drives connected but it never works.
    i ran an infotool log in nero but all it said was that my primary ide channel is empty and that my secondary ide channel had a pioneer dvd writer installed.
    i have posted on another forum but keep getting software suggestions but im sure this is a problem with my pc any help would be appreciated.

i guess i could sum up my post with:

How do i designate one of drives as the master and the other as a slave drive and is that the only way to run two burners at once or is there some setting i need to adjust in order for the drives to be installed at the same time. the only setting i can find is the dma setting but nothing on how to assign or reassign channels. someone has mentioned pin settings but i thought that only pertains to hard drives. any advice would be much appreciated.

Super Moderator

Well all you need to do is set the jumpers right and plug them into the right spot on the cables.
    Whew! I thought you wanted to to use both at the same time, we can do that, but it's complicated.

thanks chewy

today is a good day i got my answer not only from you but from another forum also. pulled out instructions and have a good idea what i need to do. it will be great to have another drive to work with one drive is driving me nuts(no pun intented). i too often find myself in the middle of a project and my dvdrw is in use anyhow will take apart pc when get back from vacation im going to vegas in the morning.

thanks again.

Thread Information