X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Converting iTunes Videos to AVI

Well, I am kinda dis-satisfied with iTunes since it's DRM is annoying, and with iTunes 6 you can't convert to MP3 without burning and reripping, that makes it impossible to put an iTunes file on my Rio Cali without doing that. Now, I found this program called JHymn that can convert the iTunes music to MP3 files, so I can play them on my Cali. But, it has to be iTunes 5 or below.

I got 4.9 installed, and I am now downloading songs with it, so I can make them MP3s. Still perfectly legal.

The only thing that is keeping me from uninstalling iTunes 6 is the When I'm Gone video that I downloaded. Like all iTunes files, it must be "authorized" and all that crap, even trying to open in Media Player Classic makes it not work.

Is there some sort of program that will remove the DRM and convert this file to an AVI, so I can play it in any program, and not need to be "authorised"?

PS - if this is violating rule 6, let me know, but JHymn is perfectly legal.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

don't know whether its violating any rules/laws, but its a form of DRM. unlikely there's currently any way to remove it, but a sure-fire way is using a screen/audio capture app, if not inconvenient and ofcourse resulting in quality loss
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Well, iTunes DRM can be easily removed via JHymn. But this only works on audio.

As far as WMA DRM, you just burn to an audio CD and then rerip using MusicMatch.
      But videos, are a different story.

Any suggestions?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

As far as WMA DRM, you just burn to an audio CD and then rerip using MusicMatch
        real wma DRM means you cannot play without a license. means it cannot be burned/removed.

Any suggestions?
        read my first reply
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Oh. I meant without qual loss.
          The only DRM'ed WMAs I have are from Wal-Mart Music Downloads which I use on a regular basis. These files can be burned 10 times, so I just burn using Roxio, and rip to MP3, thus removing protection.

See, what JHymn does is sign into your iTunes account, and "steal" the data from the M4A file. It then saves as WAV and encodes to MP3, and updates your iTunes library to the MP3. BUT, JHymn only works on iTunes 5 and below, so what I did was burn the data files from iTunes 6 on a CD, then installed 4.9 and made myself a new account. It works great, but cannot do the iTunes 6 files, due to Apple's new intelligence. I got the audio by just burning/reripping, but videos, what would I do then? If there was a way to make the M4P or whatever into MP4, I could use mp4UI with no problem, but it won't work due to authorization/protection/whatever.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Joni
            • Sep 2010

Originally Posted by anonymez
            real wma DRM means you cannot play without a license. means it cannot be burned/removed.
            Use MelodyCan to remove drm and convert file without qual loss)

Comment

Working...