X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwongmd
    • Apr 2006

Speed options

Hello everyone,
    Ive been a silent follower for the last few weeks and I have found thid forum to be very helpful. I do have a question for someone with more experience than me.

I just picked up a new dvd burner NEC 16x dvdr+. I just installed it and it works fine with all my programs. My question is: When im about to burn my program (Roxio) gives me the option of burn speeds and 4x is the highest it goes. I can't seem to find a way to get it up to 16x or even 8x. Can someone give me some advise please.

Thanks
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forums!

What speed are your media rated at?
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• mwongmd
      • Apr 2006

memorex 16x

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

I'm not a fan of Roxio and haven't used it in years. Several things to look at here. Take a look at this thread on the golden rules of burning for starters. Next you should check for the most up to date firmware for your burner here. Memorex don't have a good reputation as far as media goes. You can read here about media quality. Try using ImgBurn. It can even check for firmware updates for you.
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• mwongmd
          • Apr 2006

thanks

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

Let us know how you make out after looking at some of the info given to you.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎