Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tungsten
    • Nov 2001

Weird adio-video sync problem

i've encoded a divx movie (1300bits, 640x512, 25fps) with ac3 sound (dolby 2.0, 48khz, 256kbit/s) using Nandub and 2 pass encoding with the 3.11 Alpha codec. The sync is quite weird! it seems to be lost in 3 different parts of the movie (start-middle-end) but, when that happens, the sound ALWAYS comes before and with the same offset. now, for the really strange part...:: when the movie is played from start-to-end, the sync is lost as mentioned above. Now, at any point in the movie, pause and skip back to previous scenes where sound and video seemed to be out of sync... they now play perfectly synced! cool huh? Ripping was done with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI + VFAPI conv. for the fake avi, and sound extraction with Graph Edit. All divx parametrs set according to nicky's guide (a really comprehensive one!). The previous movie i made using the same progs but pcm sound didn't seem to have those problems...

oh! the "effect" is the same on any player i've played the movie on (radlight, playa and media player)! so it shouldn't be a player problem.

any hints???? thanks!
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎