• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rago88
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Aug 2005

Nero burning rom?

Is there any difference in burning your video files with Nero burning rom or using startsmart's 'burn video files ?
    I always used express or startsmart after shrink but now I have the new Nero 7 so does it matter?
    [waiting for a repaired dvd writer to show up] so I haven't burned since installing newer Nero 7..
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Burning software have no influence on burning quality. You can use the software you like more.

However, some softwares are heavier than other, requiring more CPU power and RAM memory, and a software that require too much CPU and RAM can have difficulties to run on an older system. But this is the only issue related with burning softwares.

My suggestion is to create ISO files with shrink and then burn ISOs with imgburn.

Comment

• rago88
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Aug 2005

Fair enough answer....

So could you tell me why you suggest image burn?

Have you used Nero before and are comparing it or have you just used Image burn?

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

I suggest you imgburn because is one of the best burning software available right now, and it's free.

To answer to your question, yes, I used nero for at least 2 years, but then I discovered dvd decrypter (not more developed but now is available imgburn).

Right now I use nero only to create ISOs. All my burnings are done with imgburn or with cd-dvd speed.

I use cd-dvd speed because it allow me to see in detail what happen during the burn. Its only limitation is that it require ISO files (like imgburn).

It's also a matter of personal choice, but nero require more CPU and RAM than imgburn, so it have more chances to cause problems in older machines.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎