Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nero Lip-sync issue when burning AVI to DVDs!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H18JGM
    • Apr 2006

Nero Lip-sync issue when burning AVI to DVDs!

Hi there folks,

I've been trying to burn an episode of lost to DVD using Nero 7 (Vision 4).
    It starts off fine, but as the episode progresses the lip sync gets worse and worse, until the sound is lagging behind the picture by almost a second.

The original Avi file is OK, as it is perfect all the way through when played on either Nero showtime or Windows Media Player.

I've fiddled most settings I can on Nero in an attempt to fix this, with marginalk improvements. I've now wasted 6 discs in trying various settings!
    I'm burning at x2 speed with no other apps running, both in PAL & NTSC, with smart encoding on and off, and in various quality modes.

Can anyone help!
    Cheers,

Jamie
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you have a sloppy tv capture i assume. this happens all the time with nero, and there is nothing nero can do to fix this. try TMPGEnc to convert, use the audio correction if needed at the end.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• H18JGM
      • Apr 2006

Cheers, I'll try that. I initially assumed it was a bad capture, but discounted that wehn it plays perfectly on the PC. Any ideas why?

Comment

• Martin#1
        • Apr 2006

Hi there,

I'm very very new to all of this so please stick with me - I have Nero 7 which I use to burn my DVD-R's - all video file types that I have converted and burned have been fine using Nero Vision 4 - Until now.....The very strange thing is that my problems are also to do with the last few episodes of Lost - all have had the same Lip Sync problems that you speak of - Other forums stated to try burning at a slower speed and shutting down other applications - after reading that you had already tried this to no avail led me to think that I'm as stuck as you. What I can't understand is why it's only Lost that I have had probs with - again, like you they play fine on my PC.

I really don't want to have to start using other applications as I have said it's only Lost that I have had problems with.

Can anyone out there provide any insights or help as to why only epiosdes of lost burn with Lip Sync problems when using Nero 7 (Vision Express 4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

I am sure that there will be more then just Lost that will have this problem, may be that you have not encountered it intill trying to do Lost.

Like the Lt. Said the best way is posted in #2

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

bad frames or headers when run through an encoding engine will/can create the delay (not apparent on original file playback i have seen too)
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Martin#1
              • Apr 2006

Many thanks for your comments - You're right, I'm sure that I'll come across this problem with other files other than Lost - just not found any problems yet. A friend of mine mentioned that he was having similar problems with "24" episodes - The problem may be linked to bad HDTV broadcasts??

I'll have to look into getting the TMPGEnc, although I'll need to save some pennies first and if it does turn out to be only Lost that I have problems with, then it's a costly investment - Also the Lt mentioned that this could be down to "bad frames/headers" - would this still be fixable with TMPGEnc.

Again, many thanks for all your advice and comments.

M.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Or you could try DivX2DVD
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Martin#1
                  Many thanks for your comments - You're right, I'm sure that I'll come across this problem with other files other than Lost - just not found any problems yet. A friend of mine mentioned that he was having similar problems with "24" episodes - The problem may be linked to bad HDTV broadcasts??

I'll have to look into getting the TMPGEnc, although I'll need to save some pennies first and if it does turn out to be only Lost that I have problems with, then it's a costly investment - Also the Lt mentioned that this could be down to "bad frames/headers" - would this still be fixable with TMPGEnc.

Again, many thanks for all your advice and comments.

M.
                  remember you have a full 30 day trial with it. and yes the audio gap is always fixable. if you deal with captures you will run into this problem again i'm sure.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• view-master
                    • May 2006

I have had this exact same problem (with Lost as well as a few others).
                    I keep older versions of Nero around, so when this happened I started downgrading because I didn't have problems before. When I downgraded to nerovision 3.0.1.14 it worked perfectly.
                    I think it's a problem with files that have variable bit rate audio and appears the problem was introduced after the above version and continues into the latest 7.x versions.

Comment

• fire_fly1978
                      • Sep 2006

Hi All. I'm very new to this too. I've been having problems burning any tv prog's I download. They are VLC media files. They work perfectly on the pc, then when I encode and burn the lip sync is terrible. I use Nero (I'm not sure which version ans dvd+R's. I dont have any issues with films.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎