X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmak
    Jmak
    • Nov 2005

DVD Duplicators??

I make documentaries that I sell privately, with orders of 100+ I go to a duplication house that does it all up to shrink wrap. But I get orders of 2-5 from time to time and have burned them off my FCP3 and iDVD on the Mac. Trouble is they stick sometimes, especially in my dvd player. I've discovered duplicators which dupe 1 to 2 copies for less than $300 and wonder if this is the better way. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • vw56german
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jun 2005

Your troubles could be solved by simply changing media type or your method of burning. First find top quality media, Verbatum or Taiyo Yuden. Next when you burn only burn, do not multi-task. Burn at a slower speed 2x or 4x maximum. Are you using labels on the discs? If you are, you need to stop. Labels create playback troubles. If you must have labeling beyond a hand written title, consider printable media.

Give us a rundown of how you burn your discs, media, speed, etc. and we can see if there are any specifics that stand out. Is it possible for you to post a log file of one of your burns that has the freezing problem?

Keep us posted and welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Jmak
      Jmak
      • Nov 2005

I think it's just my player as I got another cheap player from a friend and dvd played perfectly twice. I burn off iDVD from a Final Cut Pro movie on my Mac G4 tower. My speed seems to be about 1x1, 44 min project takes about 50 min. Don't use labels, I learned that two years ago. But I'm still looking for an easier way, as in a duplicator that does 1-3 copies at a time.

Also use Verbatim disks. All in all, it sounds like my player needs to be given to charity.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

some players are touchy with media some wont play dvd+r some play both - and + r's you may just need to find what is most compatable for your player and as mention use good media.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎