Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyberFish
    • Apr 2002

Nero and Pioneer 104

I'm having some weird problems with Nero and my Pioneer 104.

I have Nero 5.5.8.0, a Pioneer 104 DVD Burner and a Toshiba SD-M1612 DVD ROM sharing the secondary IDE controller. Toshiba is master, and Pioneer is slave.

It appears that whenever the Pioneer is connected as master or slave, and Nero is run, Nero takes a long time to scan the SCSI and IDE buses and causes the mouse cursor to pause at 1 second intervals. This behavior continues after Nero is shut down, and won't go away until I reboot my machine.

This also causes the sound to pause at 1 second intervals as well.
    I'm running XP on a 2Ghz Intel with 1.5 Gb memory.

Any suggestions?
  • drmpadilla

i am not too familiar with SCSI versus IDE, i am not a "computer geek", but this is what i have setup:

a 400mHz Pentium 2, with 192Mb sdram ( yes an old machine), Windows 98 with a Pioneer DVR-104 as the only burner (thus master?) sharing the secondary IDE with a Maxtor 60 Gig HD. in the primary IDE is my master HD, a Maxtor 25 Gig.

i use the latest version of Nero (same as you) and have burnt DVD-R's and DVD-RW's and CDR's from both my main drive and the second HD, and do not notice any problems. works just as fast as when i used to have a CD-ROM where the 60 Gig HD now is, and a Pioneer CD-RW where the DVR-104 now is.

takes an hour to burn a DVD and 10 minutes to burn a CDR. compare notes, if you will.......

Last edited by Guest; 29 Apr 2002, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• MadMatty
      • May 2002

OK this may sound silly but on some of my systems I build up the system has problems with deciding to allow one HDD as master (or slave) but if I swap them around (master>slave , Slave>master) then the problem goes away. Now just for the sake of it why not try to swap the master slave set up on the two DVD drives

Comment

• tinnas
        • May 2002

I've had the same trouble with my new A04, but downloading the upgrade of NERO to 5.5.8.2 did the trick.

Comment

• pago cruiser
          • May 2002

Same hardwre, diff problem

Did anybody have any problems getting Nero 5.5.8.2 to work with the Pioneer DVR-104? Using a fresh W2k, P3, 512 Ram, 80GB Hd.

When attempting to burn (after ripping with Smart Ripper), I get an"Unexpected Exception" error. The Nero log file indicates it stopped at "SCSI buffers not used", or something similar.

Sheesh, I can't believe that I am the first person to see this problem, but Pioneer and the Nero site, as well as a couple other DVD Forums have not yielded any hints...

Comment

• MarcM001
            • May 2002

Me too

Same issue Nero 5580 on AMD XP1700 under win2k. Slow to scan devices at startup.

Comment

• CyberFish
              • Apr 2002

Hey tinnas, thanks for the heads up - I downloaded Nero 5.5.8.2 and it fixed the long startup problem. I now also have access to Nero's DVD compilation menus as well.
              All that's left is for me is to try burning a DVD, we'll see how it goes....

Comment

• pago cruiser
                • May 2002

For anyone with the same "SCSI Buffers not found" error, I found the solution.

Un-install NERO 5582 and use the Prasi "Primo DVD" software that came with the DVR-104. Although the interface and "logic" of the Primo product is a bit cranky, it DOES work.

BTW, I have checked out DOZENS of leads on the NERO error, but have yet to see an explanation of the error, let alone a solution...

My hardware: Shuttle SV25, VIA MOBO, P3 1GHZ, 512 RAM, 80GB Seagate 7200 rpm, clean install of W2K (service pack 2), with NOTHING lse installed, latest VIA 4in1 drivers.

Comment

• jtclipper
                  • May 2002

VIA VIA VIA ....
                  You can try to turn off UDMA mode for your DVD.
                  Use PIO only, you can set this in the BIOS or in the device manager if you are using 2000/XP.
                  Nero will work giving you strange reading about the buffer but it will work.
                  Always use newest version and good DVD media.

Comment

Working...