X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlienX69
    Interstellar Traveler
    • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
    I figured you were. Thats why I didn't post a link to that guide.
    Yep, you can see it in the images I attached in the first post.

I've tried of the different setting on the Nero end to no avail .... but all the discs WORK !!!!

The reason I'm asking if anyone else has experienced is I recently went to a friends house and took some movies to watch .... well low and behold some of my discs did not work on his standalone (most did). And ALL of my disks are the same TY's -R's (G01's, 2's and 3's). I just can't beleive it's the discs it something to do with the way they were authored, and that is quite different through my collection ..... CloneDVD2 (my fav for +4.7), PgcEdit via mkisofs.exe, Shrink, Recode (just a couple) ..... and like I mentioned quit a few with Nero if under 4.7 cuz it knocking out the whole ISO step and a timesaver .... burns in 6 mins ..... AX

Comment

• Gary D
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Sorry Alienx69. My apologies. I did not know
      Gary D

Comment

• AlienX69
        Interstellar Traveler
        • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
        Looks like something is screwing up in the processing the original,
        burned and processed hundreds and never get that error.
        Hi Chewy,

But what ? Same here done a LOT ! But the < 4.7 done straight to Nero I get this error.

I run EVERYTHING through PgcEdit, I assume if no one else gets this error that eliminate it !

I will start tracking which titles this occurs on and report those back in a few weeks. I wish I would have tracked this it might give some clue. But since they worked I simple just didnt care and continue on !

Comment

• AlienX69
          Interstellar Traveler
          • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Gary D
          Sorry Alienx69. My apologies. I did not know
          No apologies needed ....

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

what happens when shrink tries to open some of the problem disks?

unless this is causing it
            === Scsi-Device-Map ===
            CdRomPeripheral : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
            CdRomPeripheral : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: On
            DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1600JD-00FYB0 SiSRaid Port 2 ID 0 DMA: Off
            DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1600JD-00FYB0 SiSRaid Port 2 ID 2 DMA: Off
            CdRomPeripheral : Generic DVD-ROM 1.0 d347prt Port 3 ID 0 DMA: Off
            DiskPeripheral : ST3250823AS SiSRaid1 Port 4 ID 0 DMA: Off
            DiskPeripheral : ST3250823AS SiSRaid1 Port 4 ID 2 DMA: Off
            I sold off my old sis raid computer, don't ever remember it looking like that
            Last edited by Chewy; 29 Apr 2006, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• AlienX69
              Interstellar Traveler
              • Feb 2005

They all Open in Shrink .... np !

As I mentioned above in most cases I use CloneDVD2 for +4.7 and Nero for -4.7.

With the NEW release titles I do Open in Shrink after ripping just for a check of file structure, but I still use CloneDVD2 to compress (my fav). As you prob know you can tell from the start line in the DVDD log window which titles are usually buggy ..
              W 12:33:23 2 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.

AX

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Since shrink is the best transcoder out there and free to boot?

Maybe something is passing thru clonedvd2 that shrink would error on,
                and that's why nero and standalones don't like it(noncompliant files)
                the use of the wizard isn't catching them

they put a lot of junk in the extras, I always kill them first

Comment

• AlienX69
                  Interstellar Traveler
                  • Feb 2005

I don't actually run RAID, all the drives are in a none RAID array, but I have to use the RAID controller to access the drives.....

I still thing as you mentioned, its either the Orig structure or how I authored.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

4 serial hard drives on 2 serial controller chips?

File 'Drivers\scsiport.sys': Ver=5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), size=96256 bytes, created 8/3/2004 10:59:41 PM (Adapter driver for src)
                    never have seen anything good come of this

I still thing as you mentioned, its either the Orig structure or how I authored.
                    agreed, this is the main problem
                    but rarely is there only one problem
                    Last edited by Chewy; 29 Apr 2006, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• AlienX69
                      Interstellar Traveler
                      • Feb 2005

Shink is GOOD, I prefer Clone for a few reasons, these are the top two:

- I can remove titles completely on the fly, with Shrink you need to replace with a still image
                      - And when I work in the background stuff dB, surfing web, web .... Shrink and ReCode both use my resources and I have lag whereas with Clone I do not

But in regards to the orig error I'm not using any of the above. Going from the DVDD rip ---> PgcEdit ----> Nero ......

As a test I'm going to take one of MY prob discs that did not work on the friends box and rip it using DVDD File Mode, then burn with PgcEdit/mkisofs.exe via ImgBurn and see if it plays.

Comment

• AlienX69
                        Interstellar Traveler
                        • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                        4 serial hard drives on 2 serial controller chips?
                        Interesting, the mobo supports it ... it allows up to 2 arrays, so I just assume it could go with 4 in non-array ... yes, maybe not ... seems pretty stable ... I added the two additional drives about a month ot two ago ! But even so the first two drives were installed on the single controller ... the other was going to waste and I put it to good use .... LOL !!

ASUS P4S800D-E

I tried to find a .pdf guide (edit: on the web, so you could view), I know it's out there, I have one (edit: DL'd from web) but it's 3+meg, can't upload ... LOL !!

This mobo + chips rock .....

PS: Gotta go, be back later to check on replys

AX
                        Last edited by AlienX69; 29 Apr 2006, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• AlienX69
                          Interstellar Traveler
                          • Feb 2005

Little Einsteins - Team Up for Adventure ....

W 11:35:53 5 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.

The good ole wizard ..... thanks to r0lZ and the Mad Monk .....
                          Last edited by AlienX69; 29 Apr 2006, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

try shrink in low priority mode sometime, I prefer to get it over faster myself

Comment

• blutach
                              Not a god of digital video
                              • Oct 2004

OK. AX, have you tried to make an ISO with PgcEdit? I suspect that will burn OK (with Ner0 or ImgBurn). If the ISO can't be made correctly, then you know Ner0's cryptic message is correct.

Did you run the rip thru FixVTS? Are there 2 versions of the one file in VIDEO_TS? Are there any sub-folders in VIDEO_TS? Why on earth are you using Ner0?

Regards
                              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jm1647
                                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                                • Apr 2005

Before FixVTS I've had backups ripped with DVD Decrypter, menu shrunk, blanked titles with Pgcedit then using shrink get the failed reallocation when burning automatically with Nero through Shrink. I just opened up Nero and then ignored the error and they played fine.

Since Fixvts I use it and everythinng goes great with Nero when I get the failed reallocation error. I never noticed the DVD spec thing, before cause I never checked the log, and the DVD's played great. I'll keep an eye out for it

Comment

Working...