Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP- A switching of the drives no longer enables me to utilize DVD shrink?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechnoTed
    • May 2006

HELP- A switching of the drives no longer enables me to utilize DVD shrink?

Hello,

I had been using Shrink 3.2 and Nero Startsmart (a version that is at least a year old) w/out any difficulties. However, last night I swapped out my Sony Dru 710 DVD-RW for a Plextor PX-740A as the Sony drive wasn't able to recognize cd's (for whatever reason). Needless to say, I didn't have any problems w/ backing up DVD's beforehand, and now I do, as before I had the options in Shrink to back-up the video onto a blank DVD disc, whereas now I have only the options of backing up the video to the hard disk or creating an ISO file. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this/these issue/s?
    As supplemental information, I have been able to burn both cd's and DVD data discs utilizing Nero with the new DVD-RW drive.
    I did scan the this website to check if anyone else had this problem and came up empty, if I overlooked a thread dealing w/ this specific situation, please forgive me and post the link to that thread.

Thank you.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

try to reinstall shrink but first double check all your preferences in shrink

Comment

• TechnoTed
      • May 2006

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Shrink and no dice. Perhaps this information might help, the target device still doesn't include the option to burn to a DVD. I checked the preferences and I am not quite sure what to look for... I see that I have the selected target disc as a DVD-5 4.7gig disc, I think that is right, but I am still unable to burn as I was a few days ago w/ the troublesome Sony DVD-RW drive.
      Any other suggestions?

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Dvd Shrink / edit / preferences / file I/O, did you have burn with Nero box ticked before you went to re-install?

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Is Nero an OEM version that came with the Sony?

Comment

• TechnoTed
            • May 2006

The preferences did include Nero being "checked off".

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

will nero burn the video dvd manually?

Comment

• TechnoTed
                • May 2006

I am thinking that the Nero software most likely did come with the Sony burner. I will uninstall that Nero software and install a different Nero software, in addition to the Shrink software, and send out a post soon.
                Thanks for the help everyone, and hopefully it is as easy as me taking out the Nero software (which was an option that completely went over my head, as my butt is back at home but my mind is still in Cancun).

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

The OEM Nero software is locked to the Sony and will not work with any other burners.

If you want to still to use Nero. You can download the demo from the Nero website. An alternative and free solution (and some say better) is to burn to a ISO image and use DVD Decrypter or Imgburn to burn.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎