• Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

sonic,
    that was a very informative set of graphs and shows the usefullness of
    these tests, I am surprised the new nec did such a good job with that mid
    up to almost 16x speed, don't waste any more disks but if you get a chance to burn an iso with the create disk part set burn speed at 8x and just repeat the transfer test and the quality scan and that will tell us even more. What we will find out is whether the media is worst at the edge or the burn craps out around 15x speed, set the transfer test to max at 12x also, nec is having problems reading it's own burn at 12x. Don't ever think this is simple to figure out. None of this makes any sense when you are using inconsistent media.
    those were MIJ sony's?

rescan that disk at 8x and repost please(QS only)

and whatever happened with zero? This was all his idea, vbg!

more bubble baths?
    Last edited by Chewy; 8 May 2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

8x dvd+r branded as windata(yuden clone/fakes) made in hong kong

MID : YUDEN000 T02 (000)
      Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X - 8 X
      Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
      benq 1650 burner @8x, scanned @8x

now the interesting part the benq decided to burn it at 4x
      no wonder a pif of 370 at the very beginning
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Chewy; 8 May 2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• dmanshead
        Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
        • Dec 2005

so my liteon doesn't show jitter?
        If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2003

Originally Posted by Chewy
          sonic,
          None of this makes any sense when you are using inconsistent media.
          those were MIJ sony's?

hi chewy,these sonys are only class 1 media in cicrle of 60km where i live,so i decided to buy them,instead of those DAMN ritekgo5s traxdatas(i recently bought a new dvd standalone for my bedroom - a lot of those have errors - they are falling apart!!! and i made at least 60 back ups)
          anyways,these sonys are made in taiwan(if mij means "made in japan")

+this qscan is really a surprise,thinking that the last one did so low!
          Attached Files
          cro-anthem-video

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

sonic, forget 16x quality scanning, at that fast a read you are graphing read errors on top of burn errors. Does this make sense to everyone?

or at least that's my theory(story) and I'm sticking to it
            Last edited by Chewy; 8 May 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Let me see, you have already got the burn errors so by reading at too fast a rate you are compounding the problem & making it look a whole lot worse than it actually is. Is that close or?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by soup
                Let me see, you have already got the burn errors so by reading at too fast a rate you are compounding the problem & making it look a whole lot worse than it actually is. Is that close or?
                that's my view, so I scan at different speeds and settle on the fastest and best scans. 1x would probably give you the best scan but who wants to wait that long.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Mar 2003

i burned two images,but it seems that i forgot to "take picture" of the second one(acurate one) a sthe first one is graph from benchmark
                  Attached Files
                  cro-anthem-video

Comment

• Zero G
                    Next to Arch Stanton
                    • Jan 2006

sonic,
                    that was a very informative set of graphs and shows the usefullness of
                    these tests, I am surprised the new nec did such a good job with that mid
                    up to almost 16x speed, don't waste any more disks but if you get a chance to burn an iso with the create disk part set burn speed at 8x and just repeat the transfer test and the quality scan and that will tell us even more. What we will find out is whether the media is worst at the edge or the burn craps out around 15x speed, set the transfer test to max at 12x also, nec is having problems reading it's own burn at 12x. Don't ever think this is simple to figure out. None of this makes any sense when you are using inconsistent media.
                    those were MIJ sony's?

and whatever happened with zero? This was all his idea, vbg!

more bubble baths?

Will try this tonight. Got busy the last few days with something else.
                    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• geno888
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

My suggestion is to state some standards, like in cdfreaks.

All nec scans should be posted at the same speed, so results are comparable. The best speed for NEC drives shouldn't be selected as the speed that show the best results, but as the speed that show the more reliable results.

The only way to state this speed is to compare nec scans with a scan of the same disc done with a liteon or a plextor drive (both liteon and plextor are reliable drives for scans). These comparisons were already done at cdfreaks, and it seems that the more reliable speed for scanning is 5x.

@Blutach
                      Sorry, I don't know how to do this; I agree with anonymez: probably is necessary a registry modification.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

My suggestion is to state some standards, like in cdfreaks.
                        yes, I would suggest people giving some details as to brand of dvd and burn speed and country of manufacture

All nec scans should be posted at the same speed, so results are comparable. The best speed for NEC drives shouldn't be selected as the speed that show the best results, but as the speed that show the more reliable results

over at cdfreaks the 3550 thru 455x are using my method to determine
                        best scan speed, that's where I came up with it from, each drive seems to scan best at a different speed

The only way to state this speed is to compare nec scans with a scan of the same disc done with a liteon or a plextor drive (both liteon and plextor are reliable drives for scans).
                        for some this is possible, most won't have that luxury, the nec's are too picky a scanner
                        Last edited by Chewy; 8 May 2006, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• geno888
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

for some this is possible, most won't have that luxury, the nec's are too picky a scanner
                          Yes, I know. And is for this reason that I suggest to use CDF standards: they already did the job.

I'll post some scans soon (sorry, I'm a little busy now)

Comment

• Zero G
                            Next to Arch Stanton
                            • Jan 2006

Ok I finally had a chance to make a test disc. Here's the results.
                            Attached Files
                            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• sonic_emperor
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Mar 2003

hi zero,are your sony from taiwan as well?
                              cro-anthem-video

Comment

• codajohn
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Jul 2005

Hey Zero,
                                That looks almost the same as my scan with my Benq 1650. Post #20
                                CJ
                                My DVD Collection
                                Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎