Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HAVE REACHED THE END OF MY TETHER!!! Please someone help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frenzy-films
    • May 2006

I HAVE REACHED THE END OF MY TETHER!!! Please someone help!

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum but it seems that ppl are very helpful here and if I dont get some help I am gong to jump off a bridge!!!

Heres the story... I have a Dell Dimension 1100 with an LG DVD+-RW GWA4164B. All of the movies I burn to TDK DVD+R's and the process I use is the old fashioned TMPEG--->DVDLab Pro--->Nero method and the burn process works perfectly...its when I play the DVD I get the problem!

When playing the DVD, you notice that every couple of seconds there will be a 1 second pause in video, it does this throughout the entire movie. It does not put the audio sync out and everything else is perfect but it is so irritating watching a film where you keep seeing this slight pause every couple of seconds. I always check the movie right before burning in the DVD Player software and it works perfectly, its definately a burning problem!

Some films burned perfectly using my usual method (Pride & Prejudice, Saw II) but most of them have this irritating pause. I recently took my dads Ricoh MP5240A out of his old PC and installed that but I still get this bloody pause! So it isnt the DVD writer either!

I have tried all writing speeds, different media types and different software but to no avail!

I have about 20 coasters around my room and I cant afford to keep throwing my money away on these!

Please someone help me, I'm literally pulling my hair out over this!
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Welcome to the Forum. Could you please post the last burning log that you did. Meanwhile you might want to read these from blutach's signature.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=49635.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45405.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Another thing to check does the burn pause when played in the computer?
      If it plays good in the burner or another drive then try the disk in another standalone player. Your player may not like burned disks? or have a problem with your setup.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

I always check the movie right before burning in the DVD Player software and it works perfectly, its definately a burning problem!
        like chewy says... playing the FILE or the DISC on the pc? if the file plays ok on the pc, it is possible it is at fault too. it's happened to me twice. took alot of detective work to solve the mystery. turns out my finicky toshiba player stalls or chirps on some AC3 audio streams. fixing, converting to another did nothing. but your problem does seem different.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

I had one finicky setup where the dvdplayer would choke on burned disks
          when it was hooked up to a vcr(as a rf modulator), a good stereo vcr or a dedicated rf modulator worked fine.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
            I had one finicky setup where the dvdplayer would choke on burned disks
            when it was hooked up to a vcr(as a rf modulator), a good stereo vcr or a dedicated rf modulator worked fine.
            that is strange alright. i had a similar setup using an old 45Lb sony beta as the RF. no problemos though.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

after I scanned some of the burns I did back then, it's no wonder the player had problems

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

you could also try cleaning the dvd player to see if that help. You can get a cleaner for around $10

Comment

• frenzy-films
                  • May 2006

I know its definately not my DVD Player because it plays exactly the same on my PC.

OK, there is a new twist to the tale... I just used DVDShrink to clone Overnight and it works perfectly.

I have just burned a copy of Ong Bak and it works perfectly...

So my guess is that the problem stems from the authoring process...I'm really stuck with this! I know there is nothing wrong with my DVD Writer cos it copies DVD's fine, when I author DVD's I always check them on DVD software before burning...so what goes wrong in the burning stages???

I did notice in the link someone gave earlier that you shouldnt burn ISO's with Nero which is what I've been doin, maybe I should change that...

I will burn now and tell you my results...

Comment

• frenzy-films
                    • May 2006

OK, just tried to burn my ISO of Jarhead using IMGBurn but its still pausing...

I'm so wound up!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

well, looks like you have narrowed it down to the blanks and possibly the firmware of the burner. TDK has recently starting using some bad cmcmag
                      for it's 8x and 16x dvd+r. Soup asked for a log, it would have saved a lot of time and grief.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎