Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"MultiRecode" is HERE! Small tool that enables Nero Recode batch processing!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex7718
    • Dec 2005

"MultiRecode" is HERE! Small tool that enables Nero Recode batch processing!

Unpack the archive and save the .EXE file anywhere on your comp. No need for any installation. It is ready to use right out of the box. Start up as many instances of Nero Recode 2 as you want to transcode. Select "Remake An Entire DVD To DVD" in each one and adjust all of the settings you're going to use in each instance like preferred audio/subtitles, compression, etc.

Select "Next" and adjust those settings as well like target format, target directory, quality settings and so on. Once you've done this in all instances run MultiRecode.exe and it will do the rest.

MultiRecode actually goes and recodes all of your DVD's one at a time without you having to sit there and click on buttons yourself. Nero Recode is so fast that I was able to Shrink/Recode 17 DVD movies while I slept overnight (about 10 hours or so)!

LIMITATIONS
    All of your instances must be ready with all settings adjusted BEFORE you run MultiRecode. It cannot open Recode for you or adjust any settings.

If something is "off" in one of your Recode windows and Nero Recode gives you an error message, MultiRecode cannot ignore the message and continue to the next Recode process. Your backups will not get done until you fix whatever the problem is and you close/run the program again. An example of this could be that you selected an invalid file directory to save your Output in your computer and a Nero Recode message pops up saying something like "Directory Does Not Exist." Basically rule of thumb is to make sure all is PERFECT with your backup settings/windows and everything will go smoothly.
    I have only tested this program on Nero Recode 2, (the latest version). Don't know, or care if it works with earlier versions.

As of this time, I only know it works with the "Remake An Entire DVD To DVD" selection in Nero Recode Also only tested with the output set to "file" or "NRG". I have no idea if it will work if you use Nero Recode to burn directly. Simply put, I have not tested it with any other sections since I'm a busy guy and that is all I ever use Recode for. I just figured I'd share this little program with you in the hopes that anyone else out there can use it the way I do. You guys/gals are free to test it out on the other selections and you can post here in the forum what your experiences are.

On occasion, you may have to wait 60 seconds after completion of a Recode to see an instance close and the Recode in another instance start.

Please read the attached Read Me txt file for more info.

THANKS FOR INSPIRING ME CHETWOOD with your great MultiShrink program!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex7718; 9 May 2006, 01:07 PM.
  • Alex7718
    • Dec 2005

Oh and one more thing, you guys might want to disable the option in Nero Recode that creates a log file after encoding, this may interfere with the operation of MultiRecode...enjoy!

Comment

• jjaomni
      • May 2006

hummm

any support for this little gem. i can seem to get it work like shrink one does.

Comment

• SpeckledJim
        • Jun 2006

I couldn't get it to work either, but I followed the lead and wrote my own AutoIt script (http://www.autoitscript.com) to do the job

If you install AutoIt you can try this - save the below script to a file with .au3 extension (e.g. BatchRecode.au3) and run it when you have all your Recodes ready to go. You may want to test it out on some small files first.

Code:
        ; Batch Nero Recode
        ;
        ; Expects Recode instance(s) to be on final setup screen where pressing
        ; "Burn" starts the recoding

While WinExists("Nero Recode", "Burn")
        	WinActivate("Nero Recode", "Burn")
        	WinWaitActive("Nero Recode", "Burn")
        	ControlClick("Nero Recode", "Burn", 1008)
        	WinSetState("Nero Recode", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
        	Do
        		Sleep(500)
        	Until WinExists("Nero Recode", "Finished")
        	WinClose("Nero Recode", "Finished")
        WEnd
        Edit: I found that WinWait("Nero Recode", "Finished") was eating about 10% of my CPU - used a wait loop instead.
        Last edited by SpeckledJim; 9 Jun 2006, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• jjaomni
          • May 2006

is there suppose to be extra return and tab in there??

Comment

• jjaomni
            • May 2006

humm yeah i guess so. sorry
            /me bows
            great stuff

Comment

• helldiver667
              • Apr 2007

Script translated to german (Skript auf deutsch)

Hello!

Thanks for the great work!
              I have translated the script to work with the german version of Nero Recode.

Code:
              ; Batch Nero Recode
              ;
              ; Expects Recode instance(s) to be on final setup screen where pressing
              ; "Burn" starts the recoding

While WinExists("Nero Recode", "Brennen")
                  WinActivate("Nero Recode", "Brennen")
                  WinWaitActive("Nero Recode", "Brennen")
                  ControlClick("Nero Recode", "Brennen", 1008)
                  WinSetState("Nero Recode", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
                  Do
                      Sleep(500)
                  Until WinExists("Nero Recode", "Weiter")
                  WinClose("Nero Recode", "Weiter")
              WEnd

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎