X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

I agree with Chewy, it is easily done, and safe, when you restart your computer after the delete, xp will take care of everything. You will have to restart twice, once for xp to find the controller, and once for the settings, but again xp will tell you to restart.

Comment

• gilmoreguy
      • May 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
      Enabling dma is probably about the safest thing one can attempt with a computer, short of just leaving the computer turned off. Windows xp keeps the driver and reloads it after you reboot. All you really do is reset an error counter, flaw in pre sp2 win xp. Get dma turned back on and report back.

Ok, I uninstalled them and then rebooted. It did reinstall them (which I was so afraid wouldn't happen lol), and then I rebooted again, but the still have the same settings. You can see them, and how they're set now, <a href="http://weblogimages.com/static/jmo469094HN7.jpg">here</a>.

I'm gonna go try to burn it again and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

What did you remove? When you are in the device manager, you have to select the IDE controller that has the PIO mode and delete it. As in right click the controller and select delete. Then do the two restarts. If it was the driver you removed, that will not solve the problem.

Comment

• gilmoreguy
          • May 2006

I went back and deleted all the drivers listed and crossed my fingers. This time when I rebooted, then changed all the settings to "DMA if available," then rebooted, the settings stayed the way I wanted them. So I tried burning again.

IT WORKED!!!

Thank you to all of you. I've very grateful and I've learned quite a bit that I didn't know before =)

Comment

• copyless
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2006

Congtrats!! Glad everything is working again, learning is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Working...