Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: record a program from TV

Question record a program from TV

hi guys can i use my LG external burner to record a program from TV? if possible, what do i need to be able to do that ? hope it is not complicated...

Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert

I still believe with the price drops in DVD recorders, it is just as easy and cost effective to buy a stand alone recorder. I have seen them for around $80 lately. Plus it will save the wear and tear on your external and PC and also always be ready for that last minute show you want to record.

Demigod of Digital Video

Quote Originally Posted by nadia.ok
    hi guys can i use my LG external burner to record a program from TV? if possible, what do i need to be able to do that ? hope it is not complicated...
    another option which is still cheaper is a tv tuner/capture card.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Make it easy on yourself, spend the extra money and get a DVD recorder with a hard drive.

I have a Ilo DVDRHD04 that has a 80gb hard drive, and can burn DVD+R disks with the needed software to remove all commercials. (mpeg2 format and can be played on any standalone DVD player)

I have hacked the software to make it region free and the removal of macrovision. Much easier than going to the computer and the normal software programs to backup a DVD.

thanx for the replies...... so i understand it is much easier to get a dvd recorder with a hard drive.....do u have any suggestions regarding that .... i really dont want to waste my money on devices that would give me troubles ... i tried to save money before by buying cheap stuff but i realized it wasnt worth it.... so do u reccomend any brands or models ?

Thread Information