PROBLEM copying a DVD+RW recording made with Phillips DVDR3390 Recorder...HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex7718
    • Dec 2005

PROBLEM copying a DVD+RW recording made with Phillips DVDR3390 Recorder...HELP

OK so I spent the money buying a Phillips DVDR3390 DVD recorder this weekend and I recorded some personal VHS tapes to a DVD+RW and it worked great. It plays fine in the Phillips recorder and in my other Panasonic DVD player.

Here is the problem, I want to make a few copies for my family but when I insert the disc into the PC DVD drives it cannot play it. Windows doesn't even recognize it. I try to go into explorer to find the disc and I get the message:

"please insert disk in drive D:"

I pulled up AnyDVD just to see if it recognizes the disc and it gives me the following info:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.9.6.0)
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd+rw (version 2), Layers: 1
    Total size: 4718592 sectors (9216 MBytes)

I tried to rip with DVDDecrypter in file mode and I get the following message:

UDF File System Parsing Failed!
    Device: [0:1:0] LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS0D (D (ATA)
    Reason: Function 'UDFFindPartition' returned 0

I then tried to rip to ISO mode and it seemed to like that, the info in the window pane on the right shows:

LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS0D (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
    Erasable: Yes
    Sessions: 1
    Sectors: 0
    Size: 0 bytes
    Time: 00:02:00 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
    Disc ID: RITEK-004-48
    Book Type: DVD+RW
    Part Version: 2
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,607
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

But when I try to rip it it just stays frozen until I cancel it out. Here is the saved log:

I 11:24:09 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
    I 11:24:09 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 11:24:09 Initialising SPTI...
    I 11:24:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 11:24:09 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!
    E 11:24:59 [0:1:0] LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS0D (D (ATA) - UDF File System Parsing Failed!
    E 11:24:59 Reason: Function 'UDFFindPartition' returned 0
    I 11:29:37 Operation Started!
    I 11:29:37 Source Device: [0:1:0] LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S FS0D (D (ATA)
    I 11:29:37 Source Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RITEK-004-48)
    I 11:29:37 Source Media Region Code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    I 11:29:37 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: None
    I 11:29:37 Destination File: G:\DVDIMAGE.ISO
    I 11:29:37 File Splitting: Auto
    I 11:29:37 Detect Mastering Errors: No
    I 11:29:37 Remove Macrovision Protection: Yes
    I 11:29:38 Extracting Sectors... (LBA: 0 - 4294967295)
    W 11:29:38 Found end of Disc! - Sector: 0

If I close everything out and try to access the disc from Windows again I get:

Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.

Again, the disc plays perfect on all my stand-alone players. I guess my question is how in the hell do I extract the data from this disc onto my computer? I have 2 DVD drives in my comp: NEC 3550A and a LITE-ON SOHD-16P9S and no success on either. Is it my recorder? Any ideas peeps?
  • divedude
    • May 2006

I have the same problem!!!

I just bought this thing at Walmart, and it will not play on my PC. I have a Sony VAIO that came with a PIONEER DVD burner.
    I think that it is just bad design. Hopefully they will let me return it.

Were you ever able to get it working?

Did you find a different model that worked?

Comment

• sonic_emperor
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2003

is there a chance your recorder made a dvd-ram?there have been similar problems round here - can your pc drive read dvd-ram?
      cro-anthem-video

Comment

• pascal67
        • May 2006

If you press TOP MENU and then Make Combatible does it work?

Comment

• geofan49
          • Jul 2006

The Top Menu / Make Compatible seems to be enabled ONLY if needed, like after deleting a chapter, according to the manual. "Make Compatible can take up to one hour, depending on disc content." After I deleted a few chapters in a four hour recording, it took about 30 minutes. The last 2% (from 98% to 100%) took about 15 minutes.

I've got a Philips DVDR3390 / 37 (purchased in July 2006.) aka dvdr 3390

Here's what happened when I burned some test DVDs on the DVDR3390, and then tried to play them on a PC using PowerDVD:

Using Memorex DVD+RW media (rated 4x), some recorded DVDs are working OK on the PC, one will not load.

Possibly an irrelevant coincidence, but one difference was the recording mode (the 6 hour mode and 4 hour mode DVDs worked OK, the one DVD recorded at 2 hour mode failed.)

Using Nero 6.6, I have not yet been able to successfully copy a DVD burned on the DVDR3390. I've copied DVDs burned on a GoVideo SR674 with Nero, but with DVDs from the DVDR 3390, Nero gives an error message when starting the copy, even if CyberLink PowerDVD can play them. Haven't tried other software yet. Windows PROPERTIES shows DVD has UDF format file system, disc label is DVD VR. Has VIDEO_TS and VIDEO_RM directories.

IF anyone found a way to successfully copy DVDs burned on the DVDR3390, please describe how you did it...
          Last edited by geofan49; 10 Aug 2006, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• geofan49
            • Jul 2006

See also

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorder...resandcomments

And

http://forum.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/b...452#POST706452

Comment

• geofan49
              • Jul 2006

IF anyone found a way to successfully copy DVDs burned on the DVDR3390, please describe how you did it...

Comment

• JosephT
                • Aug 2006

Copying disks made with the 3390

1. My drives are a Nec ND-3550A and a Plextor PX-712A.

2. Sometimes it seems one or both drives does not read the DVD made with the 3390. I have auto start off on each drive. I just go to windows explorer, expand so I see all my drives and insert the dvd in one and click on that drive to see if it will see it. My os is Windows ME.

3. My software that I am using is Roxio easy cd & dvd creator 6. I use disc copier not dvd builder or disc creator. So maybe in other software use a diskcopy, not dvd copy and it might work?

4. Insert dvd into drive, I set copy/burn speed to 2x or 4x. Burn, when done I try on my computer and dvd players. Sometimes, alot, after burning neither drive will see the dvd. Sometimes it says not formatted, want to format. After I insert dvd, I wait till light on drive is off and then click on that drive. I try in my dvd players, both philips, a 642/37 and the 3390/37 and they play ok, even if I cannot play them or see them on my computer. I hope this helps?

5. My question , does anyone know the difference between the dvdr3390/37 and the dvdr3390/37B? Does anyone have the B version and have this problem?

Joe

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎