X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fermo
    • Apr 2005

Backup a XBOX disc

Hi,

Somebody know if a XBOX DVD could be copied/backuped directly from the PC DVD unit?

I have a little boy that made me buy every month the same games that he have because it's had been "destroyed" by him. That's the reason why I want to backup those games.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • SickPuP
    • Jan 2004

XBOX Games

The simple answer is no. A standard PC DVD drive can not interpret the data written to an xbox disc. You need to have a mod chip on your xbox. FTP the files from you xbox to your pc. xISO them and then burn using nero. I must note that damn near everything I mentioned is probably somewhat illegal so I won't go into detail. I can say that copying XBOx games is moot because all games from here on out are either too big to fit onto one disc or incorporate XBOX Live which will void your box if you try to use a mod chip at the same time. So get a good job and buy all those games you like. Might I suggest a 360 so you can go into the marketplace and download game demos to try the game before buying it and realizing it was a waste of $50.

Comment

• SMEG
      • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by SickPuP
      The simple answer is no. A standard PC DVD drive can not interpret the data written to an xbox disc. You need to have a mod chip on your xbox. FTP the files from you xbox to your pc. xISO them and then burn using nero. I must note that damn near everything I mentioned is probably somewhat illegal so I won't go into detail. I can say that copying XBOx games is moot because all games from here on out are either too big to fit onto one disc or incorporate XBOX Live which will void your box if you try to use a mod chip at the same time. So get a good job and buy all those games you like. Might I suggest a 360 so you can go into the marketplace and download game demos to try the game before buying it and realizing it was a waste of $50.
      it costs us in the land of england £40-£50 per game which in dollars is about $70 - $80 per game we dont half get ripped off

Comment

• dmanshead
        Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
        • Dec 2005

I've heard that "record now" by veritas will sometimes make a good copy of a game but unless you know someone with an original version, it would be tough to find. now that i think about it I'm not sure if it worked on xbox games or not, ps and dreamcast games it did, so you might be wasting energy.
        If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• alize08
          • Feb 2006

I hate to jump in but i also have a question does anyone Know, is there a way once you have a chipped x-box and a burn x box game to make a copy of the same game with dvd dcrypt? DvD Shrink? or Nero?

Comment

Working...