Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktw
    • May 2006

Vso Divx To Dvd Conversion

Hi guys. Have converted an avi file using vso divx to dvd, but the audio is out of sync. Anyone know if there are any plug ins for audio to fix problem?
    Would i be better off re-encoding avi then re-converting? Any ideas? Much appreciate any help!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

is the avi with proper sync, and does the audio go out the same amount at any point of the converted file or is it a gradual gap?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ktw
      • May 2006

Hi, have only quickly flicked through chapters, but audio is noticably a couple of seconds ahead of video. Only finished conversion last night, not had time to properly check.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

better find out then....
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

is the audio out of sync on the original avi ? Of the all in one converters I have tested Vso and dvd2svcd IMO have produced the best results. I do like dvd2svcd because you have more settings ie you can use different encoders etc. IMO the best way is to use an encoder such as mainconcept or Tmpgenc to encode the video then use a program such as Tmpgenc dvd Author for menu chapters etc.

Comment

• Littlestar
            • Jan 2007

I am fairly new at copying video files (and forums!) but I am having the same problem with sound being out of sync on avi files when transferred to DVD, although the original avi on my hard drive runs perfectly. Any suggestions in layman's terms would be appreciated.

Comment

• meethd883
              • Jan 2007

Hope I can jump in with a little help ktw. I've used a little program to convert files to DVD called DVDSanta. It gives me good quality DVD's and both the audio and video files are synced. Hell, the program will also burn the DVD's for you, too.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎