X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

welcome

TMPGEnc for VCD (free). virtualdub for the cutting of avi (free)

EDIT: refer to this thread raymosil5
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 4 Dec 2006, 02:17 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Lt.,

Q: Does TMPGEnc allow you to limit the "Output" file "SIZE"!?!? You know so the output can be between 650MB to 695MB!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• alshamsi80
        • Jan 2008

thanks

Comment

• Locutus
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Aug 2005

Hi. I haven't been here in a while. I have an avi I downloaded and can watch in divx and tried this jasmix or whatever but every time it gets to 24% exactly it crashes and freezes up. Anyone know why? Thanks!

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi Locutus,

Are you trying to watch the AVI on your PC ... if so, use VLC Player ... I have a lot of luck with it ... plays back everything ... http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

G!

Comment

• Locutus
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Aug 2005

Nah I can watch it fine on divx. I want to transfer it using this program Jodix. I've tried 3 times and every time it gets to 24 % Jodix freezes and shuts down. I don't have a clue why. I wnat to transfer the avi to mp4 so i can watch it on my ipod. Something else that happens with Jodix is that right before it freezes it reaches 24 % and then the lower bar showing percent to go shoots to 100% then it freezes while the top bar is still 24%. Weird!

Comment

• paglamon
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

I wnat to transfer the avi to mp4 so i can watch it on my ipod.
                Try SUPER.
                sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Locutus
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Aug 2005

Thanks! Found out what the problem is after installing SUPER. I only have 118 RAM when SUPER calls for 176 RAM. I'm sure it's the same with the other devices I've bought. I'll have to find a good SAFE PLACE to buy a RAM stick for Compaq Presario SR5130NX(I bought an incompatible faulty RAM stick for my old SONY VAIO years ago that messed up EVERYTHING) if anyone knows a good place let me know. I'm CERTAIN that's the problem. Thanks!

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                    • Nov 2003

From what I could find out, your PC should have shipped with 1GB of Ram. What do you mean when you say you have 118 ram? SUPER calls for 176 RAM? those are strange numbers.

Here are your ram specifications:

Installed Size 1 GB / 4 GB (max)
                    Technology DDR II SDRAM
                    Memory specification compliance PC2-5300
                    RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin
                    RAM configuration features 2 x 512 MB

I would highly recommend at least 2 GB of Ram for your PC. Budget PC's typically only ship with half of what you really need. Just barely enough to run your OS. You only have 2X 512 = 1GB. Furthermore, your video is integrated and uses "shared" memory which means you don't have dedicated memory for your graphics, so it uses some of the 1GB you have, further depleting the ram available for programs.

You should have 2 slots empty on the board where you can put 2X 512mb or 2X 1gb ram chips. Just make sure they are the right kind! DDR2 (PC2-5300)
                    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Locutus
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Aug 2005

Hello! Thanks for all the help so far guys! Well, i THINK the problem with the memory was that I had AOL on. I turned it off and it turned to MP4 fine. Everything said it conformed EXCEPT Vista (weird) as an OS. But it went through all the way. Now is where you probably CAN'T help me. I go to ITUNES and go to click ADD file. Well the first time I added the MP4 it added. But it only put 14 minutes of it on there AND like all the two other dvd's I ripped of my own (using magic dvd ripper) for Fantastic Four extended Edition disc 1 and X-Men 2 Disc 1 when you play them you get sound but it's mostly just a green picture. I don't know what the hell the deal is.

ITUNES AND VISTA... make HAL 9000 and the Death Star look like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny I swear!

Comment

• grace-digital
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2008

can it conv .rm files to mp4?

Comment

• paglamon
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

From the official website:

Supported input source file formats are:
                          - Image Sequence: jpg, pgm, png, ppm (with sequentially numbered-ONLY filenames)
                          having the same filename numbered-ONLY format. Example: 0001.jpg --up to--> 0999.jpg
                          note that this format will NOT work name_0001.jpg --up to--> name_0999.jpg (take out name_)
                          - Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson), amv, asf, avi(DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4...), dat, drv-ms
                          fli, flc, flv, m2ts, mkv, mpg(MPEG-I,MPEG-II,VCD,SVCD), mov(H263,H264,MPEG4,SVQ..), mp4(H263,H264,MPEG4..), nsv, ogg,
                          qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str(Old Play Station), swf(Flash), ts(HDTV), tmf, ty+, viv, vob, wmv
                          - Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma
                          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• coldfire82
                            born to die
                            • Jan 2007

I was interested to know that whether it also supports .flv format as well....as because of its popularity over the web ?!?!?

regards
                            coldfire82

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by coldfire82
                              I was interested to know that whether it also supports .flv format as well....as because of its popularity over the web ?!?!?

regards
                              coldfire82

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎