X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

Is there a way to use what I have learned about quality

This may be a bit off subject, but having had so much luck using high quality media, is there a way to convert this to regular cd's? I was looking around cdfreaks but did not really find much in the way of checking out quality on regular cds. I know from looking around the brick and mortar stores here it is even harder to find MIJ cd's than DVD's and really the only luck I have had have been some music only Maxells, priced higher than the rest. Here's another question how is a music only cd different from a data/music cd, or is there really a difference? Using Cd-DVD speed i find these are TY's and it is nice they even Have MIJ stamped on the disc.
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.
  • a2j3
    If it aint broke, don't fix it
    • Feb 2006

Hello dmanshead

An audio CD-R is formatted to play back an audio recording in a Music CD player and also computer drives. They are close to the CDs you buy at the music stores. Data CD-R’s contain data files and do not play in some music CD players. You can burn audio files on to a data cd, but then they will read back as data files and not as a music files.
    sigpic

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Hello,
      To make that more clear a audio cd you would use a .WAV file to burn and audio cd to listen to on a cd player.

.MP3 you would burn as data cd that will only play on a computer or mp3 player. mp3's are a smaller file and you can put a lot more on a cd but you need a mp3 player to listen to them or use your computer.

Verbatim makes good quality cd's

You find them every where.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

a2j3 and pa,
        that's not what dman is talking about, "music only" is just a term, a liscensing fee is paid to the riaa or somebody, since you pay a premium for them you may get better quality. Recently I started using cdpseed to identify mid and scan some burns, I was having some trouble with data extraction in a digitizing karaoke operation. My tdk's were screwing up, play fine but blocky
        video after extraction, cmcmags, got some mit sony's, they did fine.

Comment

• a2j3
          If it aint broke, don't fix it
          • Feb 2006

OOPS Chewy

My bad.
          sigpic

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

I guess I Missunderstood the problem sorry about that.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

cd-r audio(just a blank cd-r) vs making a audio cd

Comment

• dmanshead
                Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                • Dec 2005

Well here is what i found. i think media quality equates very similarly to cd's as well as dvd's. I drive an old truck which isn't very hard to get into even when it's locked, so i went to wally world and bought a cheap cd player. I don't want 10-20 of my discs out there in it so i made some backups of my cd's to take along for the ride. the ones with the Maxell from TY play perfectly where as the memorex and imation cds tend to play spotty. Running cd-dvd speeed tests on them they scan fine but in the cheap player they don't do so well, so I guess I answered my own question that Quality Media is the best way to go, now to just find more TY media wether it is "audio" or "data" is the goal. so if it is labeled audio, can i still put data on it for my computers?
                If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

now to just find more TY media wether it is "audio" or "data" is the goal. so if it is labeled audio, can i still put data on it for my computers?
                  they are the same, blank cd-r's

Professional / Consumer Audio Recording
                  Long Term Data Archival
                  Software Development and Distribution
                  Information Imaging
                  Medical Imaging
                  Duplication
                  Multimedia Presentations
                  Data Distribution
                  Others
                  Last edited by Chewy; 23 May 2006, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                    • Apr 2005

I have burned many MP3's to plain old blank cd-r's using MMJB which converts them to regular CD audio format and they play fine in any CD player. Depending upon the bitrate and length of the song of the MP3 get anywhere from 18 to about 22 on a blank cd. Like Chewy said the ones labeled Audio CD's cost more and they kick back to the music industry and cost anywhere from $.70 to $2.30 each depending where you buy them. I think they were designed for standalone CD-recorders like those here

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

jm,
                      you burn slow with a good burner don't you?

Comment

• jm1647
                        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                        • Apr 2005

One of my Apex standalone players don't like 'em on that Staples media (MBI) if I burn 'em too fast. It's the stock FW also and only allows up to 8X max on them I usually stay at 6 with this FW and MID for now

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎