I am thinking about new burners for my computer's any suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
    nero/cdspeed does burn iso's

roxio is still screwing up computers
    A. How can you get nero cdspeed to burn an iso that shrink makes for imgburn?
    B. Where can I find out more about Roxio Screwing up computers? (This I would like to know I almost installed Easy Media Creator V8.)
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

a. put a blank in hit, create disk
      b google
      hint do you ever hear anyone here say anything good about roxio?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

maybe just the clean tool for it
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• dmanshead
          • Dec 2005

Ok looks like I have 2 nice burners on my way and I also found out that they have new firmware out for my liteon, we'll see how that does as well!
          Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
            • Dec 2005

Thanks chewy and chief value!
            Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
              • Dec 2005

@ chewy, I tried to create disc with nero cd speed and it says that the only supported files are ISO and NRG. When I look at the files from dvd shrink for imgburn the one is a MDS file and the movie is actually I00-I04. I figure I'm just missing something here, so I'm asking.
              Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

ntfs only no fat32

Comment

• dmanshead
                  • Dec 2005

Oh well that explains it the only partion I have that is Ntfs is the partion my op system is on. maybe I'll have to put a movie on there to try this out. hmmmmmm.
                  Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

M$ says anything over 32 gigs ntfs only

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

Perhaps this will help: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...les_page1.html

Comment

• dmanshead
                        • Dec 2005

Once again I learn more everyday you guys are great!!!!
                        Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
                          • Dec 2005

b google
                          well it was tough to find it but i did find enough info to keep me from installing it on my 'puter. Maybe that's why my friend who gave me the program, was so easy to part with it. He claims to have had two copies of it (as a mistake from roxio sending him 2) and gave me one of the boxes. It had been opened so no telling if he is telling the truth. He claims it is superior to nero but then his info tends to be unreliable anyway.
                          Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

I started with easy cd creator which was sold to roxio, then evolved into sonic/gear/whatever. Whenever we had several computers doing a job, some with easy cd, others clonecd and another with nero, we found easycd to be the biggest hog. Nero and clone would let us multitask. The lone fact that sonic's software interfers with any and all other burn software has led me to give up all hope for that burn engine. Might as well install a virus on your computer.

Comment

Working...