X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

COF @ 8x

take an old disk(verbatim) that plextor screwed up(plex 712 @ 8x)
    Attached Files
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

what is the diffetent?
    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

first scan burned almost 2 years ago with a new plex 712 with immature firmware,

second scan was disk burned this morning in 8x cof from first disk

Comment

• dmanshead
        Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
        • Dec 2005

chewy what is cof, and did the original disc play?
        If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

original played fine but I am not happy with the burn, luckily it was pristine
          shape(no scratches)

COF is copy on the fly, source disk in my benq 1650, blank in nec 3540
          burn 8x copy dvd nero (9-10minutes)

I pair my burners to optimize this kind of thing as it's the hardest of all burns

Comment

• dmanshead
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by chewy
            I pair my burners to optimize this kind of thing as it's the hardest of all burns
            pair them you are losing me here.
            Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

I use my benq as master on primary(top drive) and nec as master on secondary

other computer(the beast) has LG 4163B as reader and nec 3550 as writter

all my drives are standalone masters(cables to themselves)

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

COF@8X = YOYM

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

if it keeps working with these good reader drives, I ain't gonna quit

using my nec 3520 as reader and memorex as source disk 4x would coaster

Comment

• dmanshead
                    • Dec 2005

I'm not sure how I would do each of my drives on stand alone masters, but this will probably help when I get my new burners that you suggested I try http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=66412 i back up the majority of my movies on the computer with the liteon on it (slower machine). This one has my memorex true 8xI. which burner should i pair with on each machine or does it really matter? None the less, now i know to place the new burners on the end of the cable as the master and the old burners back on the cable as slaves.
                    Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

You have to have serial hard drives for COF, you can rip to the hard drive then burn to the disk at 8x just as fast as cof at 4x and be a lot safer. The key here is never have 2 drives trying to use the same cable at the same time.

I would pair the liteon and nec, that way the nec can do most burning,
                      however I wouldn't let the benq go to waste, scanning and burning some too.

the strength will be in crosschecking a few burns with both good scanners,
                      Last edited by Chewy; 28 May 2006, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• dmanshead
                        • Dec 2005

Ok here is one chewy i was going to update the firmware on my jlms dvd rom and found to my surprise that it reads Dvd-RAM, so should I keep that one and not replace it with my memorex true 8XI, or I have room but am not sure how to add it into my exsisting tower, would that be better. speaking of the new benq I ordered and the reason I chose that one over the other is the fact it can do DVD-RAM. I figure if I'm going to spend the money I should get the most bang for my buck and/or be as versatile as I can.
                        Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
                          • Dec 2005

JLMS DVD rom and Benq DQ60

Well to my surprise when I opened my tower I found that my dvd rom and burner were on their own cables from a pci card. I put the new benq on where the Memorex/Liteon had been. Do you think I could copy on the fly this way? Also may figure out how to hook the that M/L back up as a slave and try to torture it some more.
                          Interesting note that M/L is just a little over 2 yrs old so it was about time it was replaced.
                          Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

what type of pci card(device manager)?

Comment

• dmanshead
                              • Dec 2005

from the device manager under SCSI and RAID controllers "Promise Technology INC Ultra IDE Controller".
                              Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎