• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
    "Looie and Blooie" now I've seen it all....
    Don't forget about Chooie...
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

there was kind of a stooie with derree's other av too
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

stooie left on a world dominator tour and was never heard from again

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

I hear he's coming back in April to teach us quizzies a lesson

Tell ya, if mamamo and Stooie were together it might be a contest.

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Gary D
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by blutach
            I hear he's coming back in April to teach us quizzies a lesson

Tell ya, if mamamo and Stooie were together it might be a contest.

Regards
            And the rest of us would be playing for 3rd place!
            Gary D

Comment

• JakeBlues
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Dec 2006

dang.. my name don't look right jakoooie.. sucks, i can't fit it no matter what DANG!
              ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

katzoooie

Comment

• Derree
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  stooie left on a world dominator tour and was never heard from again
                  I have it on good authority that Stooie will be back as of April 1st...be afraid....be very afraid....

sigpic

good

Comment

• blutach
                    Not a god of digital video
                    • Oct 2004

Unless mama returns too!!! Then it will be Stewie who will cower!

Regards
                    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Derree
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jul 2005

A true battle of the titans!..nah she will kick my butt again lol
                      sigpic

good

Comment

• JakeBlues
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2006

Columbo...
                        I FOUND IT!!
                        Columba "mystery movie collection -1989"
                        5 tv movies says the streeet date is 4-24-05
                        also says here
                        "season 1-5 generated $11mm in consumer spending"
                        Must be more of them!???
                        ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• shortaug
                          • May 2007

Someone said the movies were stored in the Vongo/Content folder.

They aren't there for me. Nor are they in the Temp directory (while D/L'ing).

Neither of these two folders are listed as having anything in them. I have hidden files and everything turned on.

Anyone know what's up?

Comment

• shortaug
                            • May 2007

Nevermind, a search of my drives by file modified delivered the location to me.

They are, for me at least, stored in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Vongo

Even though that drive has little room on it and the install directory is on D:......

Comment

• leblogue
                              Le Blogue
                              • Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Liquid3D
                              I joined these forums with the sole intention of forwarning anyone considering this "download service."

The Beta project happens to be one of the worst I'e ever come across.

"If it sounds too good to be true it probably is...." supposedly offering full-length movies which can be downloaded in as fast as 30-sec (in another possible universe perhaps). I have two very fast PC's the PC I tried this service on is configured as follows: Opteron 148 running at 3.0GHz (10x300FSB (HTT)) / 2GB of Corsair XMS 4400 / DFI LAN-Party nF4 UT motherboard with Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet (watercooled)) all processes shut-down. Even under these circumstaes the two movies I tried took as long as their length to download.

Understandig download speed can vary and the service can't control the Internet will give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets just say this is marketing at it's worst. What troubled me the most was bringing up the "Movie Selection" and VONGO front page which can be seen on the JPEGs below, most importantly there are two tiny Boxes at the top of all movie selection pages; one is labled "Pay Per View" the next is labled "Susbscribed Service" BOTH are ALWAYS checked by DEFAULT. This can mislead those whom may not understand or be paying attention into downloading movies which will then be charged to their Credit Card. Luckily I cuaght this, but almost didn't.

Even more frustraing is after I un-checked the "Pay Per View" box the number of movies is cut in half or more depending on the catagory your in. If this weren't bad enough I found the PPV box MUST be continually unchecked. Everytime you enter a new catagory such as "Top Downloads" etc. by default the VONGO software re-checks both boxes regardless of how many time you un-check PPV (Pay Per View). This is only exacerbated by the fact there's no price listed for the PPV service anywhere on the order page? And after you negotiate through a mine-field of supposed "features" deisgned to seperate you from your hard eraned cash, the dam thing doesn't even work!!!

Attempting to play the movie and watch it in Full Screen mode (I don't mean changing Aspect Ratio I mean a screen larger then your Cell Phone in the middle of your Monitor) the audio/video stream experince a latency lag effect. I tried every concievale fix unfortunately VONGO gives you absolutely no "settings" for the software player they've provided. below I've included a second JPEG which exemplifies what happens when you try to access the ONLY settings button.

In summary, VONGO offers the worst selection of movies at any price. If VONGO had only released a Beta service prematurely that wouldn't necessarily be excusable; however, it might be an earnest transgression. It does seem the software was designed specifically to mislead the layperson by conitnually re-setting itself so the consumer would order Pay Per View movies either by accident (that VONGO cuased) or in furstration do to the limited selection under the Subscribed user section. Either way it would be a miracle if their able to get the thing working.

Shame, shame on VONGO, the name may take it's place under Social Fuax Pas slang as in "Oh my your a real VONGO aren't you..." (Negative conotations apply).
                              Found this post via Google so bye bye VONGO .This confirms what I suspected !
                              Thanks. Pay per view or monthly subscription? "Very obscure no good offer"

Comment

• Altari
                                • Sep 2006

Originally Posted by shortaug
                                Nevermind, a search of my drives by file modified delivered the location to me.

They are, for me at least, stored in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Vongo

Even though that drive has little room on it and the install directory is on D:......
                                I know this is a little old, but it came up in a search about how to change the download directory, so it may be helpful to anyone looking for it.

Basically, close Vongo, open your registry, then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL -> Software -> Starz -> Vongo, then change the "ContentPath" key to where ever you want the videos saved.

If you need a more detailed step-by-step, I wrote a post on how to change the Vongo download directory a while back.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎