Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigPants_KU
    • Apr 2006

DVD to MPG or AVI?

I've been searching for an hour, and I can't find an answer, so I'm swallowing my newbie pride...I am seriously strapped for time, so your help with the quickest, easiest, and dirtiest way to do this would be SO APPRECIATED (need to preserve Dolby 5.1).

I want to take a single 28 second clip out of a DVD and convert it to MPG or AVI so I can put it into a film with Adobe Premiere, and open it with Windows Media Player in Dolby 5.1.

I used DVD Decrypter in IFO mode and took the single PGC I needed and ripped it to its own directory, so now I've got the VIDEO and AUDIO folders and the appropriate VOB, BUP, and IFO files.

One place said DVD Decrypter could do that coversion to AVI or MPG but I have a sneaking suspicion that's wrong.

I know there's a way to use DIVX/Xvid stuff and codecs and all that. I could learn, but I have ZERO time.

I have, and am at least minimally acquainted with DVDDecrypter, DVDFabDecrypter, VOBBlanker, PGCEdit, IFOEdit, and of course DVDShrink.

Can I pull this off with these programs? If not, what is the easiest way to do this, and what (free) sofware do I need, and how do I use it?

THANK YOU!

-BigPants
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

One place said DVD Decrypter could do that coversion to AVI or MPG
    that's incorrect

DVD (VOBs) are already mpg, just rename the extention.

for mpeg4 conversion, use AutoGK
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• BigPants_KU
      • Apr 2006

Thanks! [insert Dana Carvey doing Johnny Carson here] "I did not know that."

-BigPants

Comment

• mattcharles
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Nov 2004

so how do u make the DVD file into AVI?

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

so how do u make the DVD file into AVI?
          This has been answered an umpteen number of times.Plz SEARCH before posting.
          AutoGK or Staxrip Or GK or Fairuse or meGUI...........
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...