Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bewafa
    • Mar 2006

how to add songs

i dont know how to explain but i can try yesterday was my niece birthday i record her birthdat ceromony in my digital camcorder now i want to cut our voices and add birthday songs can any body help me
  • SMEG
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Mar 2006

You have to use a video editing software such as pinnacle or ulead i would go for ulead video studio 9 or ten when you capture your video footage of your digital video camera using one of the above softwares you go to the edit section of the software drag the movie onto the timeline with these programs you have a video line and audio line you pull the line down to the bottom to take of the voices by doing this basicly you are turning the volume of the video down then there is an option to add music to the video

Comment

• productiontrax
      • Jun 2006

More specifically...

First you need to import your video from your camera to your editing software. Most new cameras these days are equipped with USB or Firewire output to allow you hook up to your computer.

Remember when adding music that you want to make sure you're using a high quality audio file so that you don't get grainy or "wobbly" sounding audio. If you decide to rip your favorite songs from a cd, you'll need to make sure your audio encoding prefs are set appropriately to rip at high quality.

If you really like a song but it has some sort of copy protection on it that won't let you import it (ie something purchased off of iTunes or the like), there are good sites like http://www.productiontrax.com where you can easily find something that sounds similar that you can use without worrying about copy protection.

When you get more advanced, there are audio techniques that you can employ using software such as Soundtrack to tweak your audio, make it blend better, alter the sounds, etc. You can even edit your footage to match the beat of whatever song you choose, an effective technique that can really spice up your video.

Regards,

Dave
      Productiontrax.com
      Royalty Free Music, SFX, Footage, and Production Elements

Comment

Working...