Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Website review request - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website review request

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevinsbartels
    • Jun 2006

Website review request

kevinbartels.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, kevinbartels.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Thank You
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i deleted your other (cross)post and i feel more than tempted to delete this posting as well because you dont waste words, you dont ask for any particular reviews - all you seem to be doing is promoting your site

if you dont want to spent any time describing what the site was meant to be good for or what area of interest you try to cover, why do you think anyone would want to spend his/her time taking a look at that site and REVIEW it / giving useful feedback?
    Last edited by UncasMS; 2 Jun 2006, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

If you are looking for a review on that website, I am thinking for a Graphic Designer that site looks a bit basic.

That resume needs some work too a lot of bad grammar and misspelled words. Not to mention no real formatting.

Sorry but you asked.
      Last edited by photo_angel2004; 2 Jun 2006, 07:37 AM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Gary D
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Plus your pages are very heavy graphiced. If I was on phone instead of cable, I would never would have waited for your pages to load.

PS I wear glasses and used to wear contacts (Bostons). Boy have they come a far way now. No more contacts because my eyes are too dry working outside.
        Gary D

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

You may want to consider teaming up with a professional resume writer and a professional web designer. You seem to have some great skills but how you present those skills can make or break you.

It’s just a thought that you may want to take under consideration.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2005

I agree with PA on the resume. It needs serious work.
            You need to use bullet points
            Most good resumes have, in this order:
            Name of company ; dates
            Very brief description of what co is/does
            title
            brief description of responsibiliies
            then, accompshments listed in bullet point format
            People do not care so much what your responsibilities were, but what you DID. You need to rapidly highlight that for them,ergo bullet points.
            IMHO

PS Not clear whether you have a degree from Savannah. If so, spell it out eg BA BS etc
            No one cares at this stage where you went to high school.

PPS there are lots of books available on how to write an effective resume
            Last edited by jamoskeag3; 2 Jun 2006, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

The bad grammar and spelling is the big killer on that resume. You may want to learn Microsoft Word.

I am not trying to insult you just trying to help you here.
              Last edited by photo_angel2004; 2 Jun 2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• toomanycats
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2005

I have DSL and it took so long to load I never bothered waiting for the next page on any of the links. I thought this forum was on DVD and computer type stuff. This seems a little much for a first time post. I think you got a lot of good advice so far so I'd run with it. I think it is impressive for anyone to get a patent this day and age so congrats on that, I would make sure someone did't have to read to far into the website to find that out, it really is impressive.
                Last edited by toomanycats; 18 Jun 2006, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Kabuchan
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2006

If you go to Word, they have a contemporary template that will beef up your res. Sample Resume

First of all, don't use slang like "crunch". I found 3 typos just by glancing over the first part of the res. If you send a res with even 1 typo, they'll file you under T for trash. Please use available instead of furnished!

You need to have at least three bullets for each job. If you can't say that much, then the job was insignificant (to an employer). You need to use bold or everything just runs together. Also, if you earned degrees from those schools, you need to put that down too.

Don't mean to rip up your res. I've been an employer and I know what to look for. You have a lot of good stuff in there. You just have to get it on paper. Good Luck!

That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• d00by
                    • Jul 2006

not a fan of the site. its pretty basic, too graphically heavy, not centered in any way. Good idea, but just not for an entire website

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎