• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azul
    • Mar 2006

PLEASE HELP with 'Power Calibration' error

Hello all expert readers......

I need HELP!

I'm relatively new to the burning 'world' of DVDs....I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2, also have the latest version of Nero. The blank media I am using are TDK DVD R- 16x 4.7GB.

DVD Shrink works fine when 'analysing' and 'encoding' a DVD, but when trying to burn the image it keeps coming back with an error of 'Power Calibration Error, cannot burn at 16X', so therefore I decrease the speed to 12x, 8x and 4x and still comes up with the same error. The strangest thing of all.....is that it doesn't do it all the time.....3 out of 6 burns may bring this error up!

Also when using the Nero Express option to burn data onto a DVD, such as pics, wmv or avi files it comes up with the same 'Power Calibration' error! At the start I thought it could be the blank media I was using but if I use Nero Vision Express to convert a wmv or avi file to DVD format, IT WORKS!!!!.......

I've check the latest updates for the burner which is Samsung Dual Layer burner......all seems ok. The pc is only 2 months old and I've ran out of things to check.......

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP??

(I've got error logs if anyone wants to have a quick look at)
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Try reading this.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...43&postcount=5.

Or look down at the bottom left hand corner of the thread page.

Comment

• Azul
      • Mar 2006

Thank you Soup!!!

Going there right now......

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

My "Power Calibration Error" was remedied by updating the firmware for my burner. After that, no more probs. for me. Could be poor quality media, too. Just some random thought to ponder...

Comment

• Gary D
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

@ Azul:

Just another thought, could it be an overheating issue? Laptop burners are known to overheat. Do you smoke near your computer? Check your fan for dust buildup too. Make sure your vents are not covered.
          Gary D

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎