X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

bluray = get your wallets out

I was looking around the supermedia store and just had to look at the blu ray stuff. doesn't look like i'm going to be jumping into that format for a little while. see for yourself http://www.supermediastore.com/blue-...-recorder.html .
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

You'll always pay top dollar for new technology. I remember when the very first home PC CD recorder came out. I ended up paying about $750 for my first generation Yamaha CD-R. Look also at what the dual-layer burners were gonig for when they too first came out.

I'm with you, and will wait a while. Give it about a year and check the prices then. I'm gonna start saving up the cash too.

Regards,
    Cam
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• Cambion7
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Nov 2005

I just looked at the specs on one of the burners. The Samsung SH-B022 actually reaches 107 degrees after a burn???? I don't even know what a typical DVD burner reaches.... but dang that's hot! Might want to consider some extra cooling fans!
      Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
      - Confidence

Comment

• bill7621
        It could be worse.
        • Jun 2005

Or an external enclosure away from all combustables!
        Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• lfcrule1972
          Liverpool 'til I die......
          • Nov 2003

Oh I can't wait to order mine !!
          "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• daman
            Yummy!!!
            • Apr 2006

blu ray
            She's going down to the devil, down down to 90 degrees.

Rock on bro!!!!
            Down load VoBblanker: Here
            Down load ImgBurn: Here
            Down load RipIt4Me: Here
            RipIt4Me guide: Here

Comment

• mavinx
              • Apr 2006

Im not gonna spend money on this technology until about 5 years from now, lol... I doubt they'll stop releasing new movies on the dvd format we have now, they still makeing VHS movies for god's sake. Besides, i have to save money for my Playstation 3, and the new Nintendo.... im curious about that weird Control, lol....

Comment

• dmanshead
                • Dec 2005

Chewy will be interested in this, we know he loves his benq's http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13510
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
                  • Dec 2005

Well we can't forget about jm the liteon guy lloks like everybody is going to get into the blu ray pic. hopefully it will bring prices down fast. i'm not going to hold my breath.... http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13513
                  Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dmanshead
                    Well we can't forget about jm the liteon guy lloks like everybody is going to get into the blu ray pic. hopefully it will bring prices down fast. i'm not going to hold my breath.... http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13513

No blu ray for me for a long time unless there is something I really wanna do, and I mean really wanna do, that has to be done using blu ray. Too much $$$$$ as in all newly released products. Maybe in a coupla years when the burners and media are cheap.

I like the $35-$40 plain old burners and $.15 to $.30 DVD media just fine

Comment

• johndoh453
                      Platinum Member
                      Platinum Member
                      • May 2006

Originally Posted by Cambion7
                      I just looked at the specs on one of the burners. The Samsung SH-B022 actually reaches 107 degrees after a burn???? I don't even know what a typical DVD burner reaches.... but dang that's hot! Might want to consider some extra cooling fans!
                      The HP LightScribe 840E DVD +/- RW operates between 5 - 45 degrees Celsius (41 - 113 degrees fahrenheit).

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        Liverpool 'til I die......
                        • Nov 2003

I agree I am not getting one of these burners until the drives and media reach sensible pricing levels.
                        "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

Working...